Mailing List for ZoomText

  • Sherry Wells
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2001
      Hello again, I seem to have a lot of questions lately. Someone mentioned
      A ZoomText mailing list on something posted here. Could someone send me
      the info on how to join this list? Thanks.

      Sherry Wells
    • Bert Ebbe
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2001
        Hello Sherry,
        Visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/zoomtext on the Internet and click on
        the link "Join this group".
        Greatings, Bert Ebbe

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2001
          Hi Bert again, I went to Yahoo and it appears you have to sign up with
          Yahoo to join the group. Do you get posts from the group on Yahoo mail or
          can you specify another email address? I receive mail from the magnifiers
          list on my work email since most of the discussions involve things I am
          doing at work. I tried Yahoo once and got tons of junk mail. I finally
          just dropped that email address. Does joining this Zoomtext group generate
          a lot of extra junk mail? I especially would not want that junk mail to go
          to my work email. Thanks.

          Sherry Wells
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2001
            Hi Sherry,

            I thought I already saw postings from you on the ZoomText list. But if not
            you can send a message to zoomtext-subscribe@egroups.com.
            The ZoomText list is, like the magnifiers list, also a Yahoo list. Every
            message that is posted so called Yahoo groups is visible on the Internet
            and also the e-amiladdress of the sender is visible. There are a lot of
            companies collecting e-mailaddresses and selling these to those junk mail
            advertisement companies. The only way to not receiving junk mail, is never
            sending out a message, that will be published on the Internet.

            Regards Peter Verhoeven

            At 14:09 01-11-2001 -0600, you wrote:
            >Hi Bert again, I went to Yahoo and it appears you have to sign up with
            >Yahoo to join the group. Do you get posts from the group on Yahoo mail or
            >can you specify another email address? I receive mail from the magnifiers
            >list on my work email since most of the discussions involve things I am
            >doing at work. I tried Yahoo once and got tons of junk mail. I finally
            >just dropped that email address. Does joining this Zoomtext group generate
            >a lot of extra junk mail? I especially would not want that junk mail to go
            >to my work email. Thanks.
            >
            >Sherry Wells

          • Sherry Wells
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 2, 2001
              Hi Peter, No, I'm not currently on the ZoomText list but will join. You
              are right of course about the junk mail - the only way to avoid it is to
              avoid email altogether. I probably will jinx myself by saying this but so
              far I have not received any junk email at my work email as a result of
              belonging to this or any of my other blind related lists.

              Sherry Wells

              Peter Verhoeven <pav@...> on 11/02/2001 02:14:38 AM

              Please respond to magnifiers@yahoogroups.com

              To: magnifiers@yahoogroups.com