ZoomText & 3270 Emulator

  • Sherry Wells
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2001
      Hello list,

      I have installed ZoomText 7.0 on a new WIN NT PC and am having some
      problems while using 3270. Lets say the cursor is sitting on the command
      line. I want to see what is over to the right of the screen so I move my
      mouse which slides the screen over and allows me to view what is to the far
      right. But the view only stays to the right for 2 or 3 seconds then
      bounces back to the left part of the screen. Obviously 2 or 3 seconds is
      not enough time to view what I want to see. This is driving me nuts. I
      don't recall having this problem before or setting any options to handle
      it. I would like the screen to stay where I move it. I can find the
      cursor again myself when I want it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

      I should add that this problem may happen in other applications too. I
      tend to rely on speech for most everything but 3270 so would not have been
      moving the screen around in other applications. Thanks again.

      Sherry Wells
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 2001
        Hi Sherry,

        This is not only a problem in Windows NT, but appears also in a lot of
        gephical application like Photo Presentation in Windows 95. I agree that
        this behaviour makes programs very inaccessible. It is caused by ZoomText
        tracking on all kind of events in the active window. Sometimes moving the
        magnification by using the keyboard ALT + ARROWS help. If that does not
        help you should try to toggle mouse to view off, or turn all tracking off
        except the mouse tracking.

        Success!
        Regards Peter Verhoeven
        Internet : http://www.magnifiers.org (The Screen Magnifiers Homepage)

        At 16:06 31-10-2001 -0600, you wrote:
        >Hello list,
        >
        >I have installed ZoomText 7.0 on a new WIN NT PC and am having some
        >problems while using 3270. Lets say the cursor is sitting on the command
        >line. I want to see what is over to the right of the screen so I move my
        >mouse which slides the screen over and allows me to view what is to the far
        >right. But the view only stays to the right for 2 or 3 seconds then
        >bounces back to the left part of the screen. Obviously 2 or 3 seconds is
        >not enough time to view what I want to see. This is driving me nuts. I
        >don't recall having this problem before or setting any options to handle
        >it. I would like the screen to stay where I move it. I can find the
        >cursor again myself when I want it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
        >
        >I should add that this problem may happen in other applications too. I
        >tend to rely on speech for most everything but 3270 so would not have been
        >moving the screen around in other applications. Thanks again.
        >
        >Sherry Wells

      • Sherry Wells
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2001
          Thanks Peter, All I had to do was uncheck the carret tracking and things
          seem to be fine again. I feel rather foolish for not having found this.
          It seems obvious now.

          Sherry Wells

          Peter Verhoeven <pav@...> on 11/01/2001 01:14:01 AM

          Please respond to magnifiers@yahoogroups.com