Re: [magnifiers] ZT 7.06 and Excel 97

  • ecq
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 17, 2001
      I just tried it and everything went fine.

      Emmet

      On Fri, 17 Aug 2001, Tony Heath wrote:

      > Not sure what's going on here. Using Zoomtext 7.06 and office 97 (Excel)
      > When I right click on a cell and attempt to format it I get a message "Your
      > entry cannot be used, an integer or desimal number may be required. I click
      > OK and I get the same message again. Can't get out of the dialog box unless
      > I reboot. Had a co-worker try without Zoomtext running and it works fine.
      > Can someone help?
      >
      > Tony

    • Emilia Belserene
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2001
        It's a terrible bug in ZT used with Excel but there is a solutionl You
        have to turn off a feature called something like MS Active
        Accessibility. That also fixes a problem with Edit/Go to in Excel. But I
        forget how to turn the thing off. It was someone of this list who gave me
        the answer.
        This would be why Emmet (esq) had no problem. He must have MSAA
        turned off.
        = = = = = = =
        At 11:37 AM 8/17/01 -0400, you wrote:
        >Not sure what's going on here. Using Zoomtext 7.06 and office 97 (Excel)
        >When I right click on a cell and attempt to format it I get a message "Your
        >entry cannot be used, an integer or desimal number may be required. I click
        >OK and I get the same message again. Can't get out of the dialog box unless
        >I reboot. Had a co-worker try without Zoomtext running and it works fine.
        >Can someone help?
        >
        >Tony

      • Bert Ebbe
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3, 2001
          Hello Emilia,
          The hotkey to turn Microsoft Active Accessibility on and off is: CTRL +
          SHIFT + A. When you use level 2, speech will report whether MSAA is active
          or not. I am not familiar with the problem you describe in Excel, but you
          can of course try if this helps. But I think you will need to turn MSAA back
          on again when you want to access the menubar in Excel.
          Greetings from rainy Holland,
          Bert Ebbe