Windows 2000

  • John Prescott
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2001
      I have heard a rumour that Windows 2000 comes complete
      with its own magnification and speech output. Has
      anyone used this, and what sort of results does it
      give? Thanks, John.

    • Ilias Bennani
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2001
        Hello John and the rest of the list.

        The magnification that comes with W2k is of no use at all. It has none of
        the basic feaures you expext of a magnification program today. No full
        screen magnification, no cursor tracking and the magnification window always
        seams to remain in the bottom right corner of the screen. And so on and on.

        ==
        Ilias Bennani - ilias@... ICQ: 5373155
        Stockholm (Farsta), Sweden. Mobile: +46 (0)708 44 10 80

        Fax and voicemail: +46 (0)8 598 29 222.
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2001
          Hi John,

          The Windows magnifiers in Windows 2000 is the same as included in Windows
          98/ME.
          The speech output utility is called Narrator. After starting these utilites
          you get the message, that these features have limit functionality and that
          visual impaired people should look at http://www.microsoft.com/enable for a
          complete list of accessibilty features.
          But as was already mentioned on this list in the path, there is lot between
          0% and 100% vision and for some people these features should work well.

          Regards Peter Verhoeven