Re: [magnifiers] Schedule product releases AiSquared

    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 29, 2001
      Kees Toxope├╝s wrote:

      >Yes indeed I study at the TU Delft. I can use computers with Windows NT or
      >computers using Linux. NT wouldn't be a problem (I still have to ask the

      Where I used to study (HEAO, HES) I could always work with NT. However,
      where I continue (WO, UvA) there is a policy that only UNIX-based
      workstations (SUN a think) can be used.
      Although Joe Clever came up with very valuable suggestions, it implies
      that I always have to carry my laptop through the building. I can live
      with that, but connecting/disconnecting it to/from a UNIX-workstation
      everytime is too time-consuming.

      >On the Linux. I'm still new to Linux and tried to install the
      >magnifiers, but didn't succeed yet. I find it strange why no professional

      I agree. But what about major companies like SUN, HP and IBM selling
      thousands of very expensive workstations to universities worldwide while
      being inaccessible? I just can't imagine how such things can happen.

      Any suggestion regarding this topic would be VERY welcome!!!

      Thanks,
      Bas

      --
      Bas E. Cancrinus <bas@...>