5012Re: Dual Monitor - Magnification displays on second monitor

  • hostricity
    Mar 1, 2010
      Karey:

      ZoomText Lite doesn't have the dual monitor feature.

      We've installed software and setup the second monitor. My friend really likes it.

      He has a large monitor, set to make stuff as big as possible without stuff staring to jumble up, etc.

      I've watched him use it. He can see fine to open a browser, go to his email, and look at the list of email that has come in, but, it's a little bit of a strain. When he opens an email, he uses the magnifier and reads it on the other screen. That works really well.

      In fact, with two monitors, sometimes he just moves something to the other screen and magnifies it there.

      Sometimes, he uses the magnifier on the main screen.

      But, he really likes just leaving it set so that the second screen always shows what's under the magnifying glass on the first screen because that gives him the best overall view of the main screen and he can see what's too small, or eye-strainy on the second monitor.

      Please note that my friend has better vision then most who use this stuff, so the main screen is readable for some things, and it is mostly when he drills down into an email, document, or whatever, that he uses the magnifier.

      Geoff