      From: barbara kean <barbiekean@...>
      Subject: RE: [magnifiers] Zoomtext 9.18
      To: "list magnifiers" <magnifiers@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Monday, May 4, 2009, 5:57 PM

      Hello Karey.

      Thanks,for your help,it enabled me to get control of things.

      Yet,for work I have gone back to my 9.14 zt and,it is working

      very well.I have put the latest version on my husband"s computer

      until I too get use to the new changes.

      You are great at explaining things...

      Barbie,

      Lockout Locksmith + 24/7 days a week: All Holidays> No extra charges
      Serving: Maryland + Comprehensive Serve
      Washington,DC + Residential, Commercial, Automotive
      and Virginia. + Low Rates: Check out our Prices.
      301-990-9456 + ADS in Yellow Book,Red Books,Verizon Listing and website

      To: magnifiers@yahoogro ups.com
      From: kareycarbaugh@ yahoo.com
      Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 20:21:37 -0700

      Barbie,

      You may want to try turning off the "smooth panning" which is a new feature in the 9.18. I have 9.0 here at home and have 9.18 at work. I did not like the "smooth panning" either at first. I've gotten a little more used to it, but it does move more strangely and I'm not sure that I prefer that to the old way of moving around. You also may want to turn off Active Accessibility by pressing ctrl+alt+shift+ m. This helped with some tracking issues I was having with 9.18.

      Let me know if you can't figure out how to turn off the Smooth Panning and I can look that up on Monday when I get back into the office. Since I don't have 9.18 here at home, I don't remember exactly where it is at, but I found it once.

      I hope this helps and just let me know if you need instructions to go back to the old traking.

      Thank you,
      Have a Great Day!

      Karey Carbaugh

      I was surfing the net,ZT18 was extremely eratic.

      It was moving all around the screen,without my touching the pointer.

      Then the pointer would not move as I try to get back in control of ZT18 again.

      I reinstalled it but,the problems still occurred.What is up with that?

      I am not loving it so far..

      To: magnifiers@yahoogro ups.com
      From: Haverp@...
      Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 23:00:26 -0400

      It seems to me as though 9.18 fails to track pop up dialog boxes in the
      magnified window. I hear zt announce them, but the screen view doesn't shift t
      the dialog box. For example, highlight a folder and hit the deleate key, I
      hear zoomtext speak "are ou sure you want to delet this folder?' but the
      screendoesn' t shift to the pop up box like it used to. SAme thing if you unzip a
      file. Lots of other examples. Is this in unintended consequence of the new
      panning?

      /greg
      ************ **Hurry! April 15th is almost here. File your Federal taxes FREE
      with TaxACT.