4729Re: is there a real alternative to zoomtext?

  • noeyewar
    Aug 6, 2008
      thanks for answers anyone, i will take a look at the other screen
      magnifiers.

      Thomas. i think the "multiple core bug" your telling about has been
      fixed. i have a slingbox (tv streaming device) at my prrents house, and
      to be able to use the slingplayer and zoomtext at the same time, without
      lagging sound, i have to asign slingplayer to it's own core.
      this works without any problem.

      one of my bigproblems is with some websites using java. here is an
      example, open this one with firefox, and try to navigate down over the
      page:
      http://edbpriser.dk/Products/Listproducts.asp?Sort=Unit&Gallery=false&Pa\
      ge=1&ID=16&Parent=2&Lastdays=&Soegeord=&Producent=0&Line=&Model=&Accesso\
      ry=&AccessoryTo=&Review=&Max=&Rating=0&Type=&Value=&Bundle=&chkSoegSaetn\
      ing=&searchArea=&CompareList=&Sorted578=&Sorted2353=&Direction24=2&Equal\
      6914=&Direction27=2&Direction28=2&Direction25=0&Direction578=0&Direction\
      2353=2&Sorted24=&Sorted27=&Trueval25700=97214&Trueval25701=97215&Trueval\
      25702=97216&Trueval25704=97219&Equal193=&True25700=&True25701=&True25702\
      =&True25704=&Sorted28=&Sorted25=&Tlist12440-93827=&x=23&y=6

      i have installed java acces bridge 2.0.1 (and offcause java runtime
      envoriment) but i dosn't seam to help with the performance.

      i will try turning off the font smoothing

      but again. thanks for answers every one.
      --- In magnifiers@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Morgan <tommorgan85@...>
      wrote:

      > Zoomtext has this bug, it disables all the cores except core 0 of your
      CPU. So right now, only 1 core of your quad is really being used.

      > To fix this problem i suggest u download and install 'set affinity',
      its free and allows you to force your computer to use the rest of its
      CPU. If you force zoomtext to be on 1 core and devide the rest of your
      programs between the 3 other cores you should see a huge boost in
      performance.

      > Also, if you still not happy with zoomtexts performance after this, go
      into fonts and turn off font x smoothing. This is what slows zoomtext
      down the most. Again you should see a big increase in performance.

      > Also make sure you have Java access bridge installed, as if this is
      not installed zoomtext performance is horrible on java websites. You can
      get it from the java homepage.