4727RE: [magnifiers] is there a real alternative to zoomtext?

  • Thomas Morgan
    Aug 5 3:26 PM
      Zoomtext has this bug, it disables all the cores except core 0 of your CPU. So right now, only 1 core of your quad is really being used.

      To fix this problem i suggest u download and install 'set affinity', its free and allows you to force your computer to use the rest of its CPU. If you force zoomtext to be on 1 core and devide the rest of your programs between the 3 other cores you should see a huge boost in performance.

      Also, if you still not happy with zoomtexts performance after this, go into fonts and turn off font x smoothing. This is what slows zoomtext down the most. Again you should see a big increase in performance.

      Also make sure you have Java access bridge installed, as if this is not installed zoomtext performance is horrible on java websites. You can get it from the java homepage.

      Good luck