4671RE: [magnifiers] AT and custom settings

  • Verhoeven, Peter
    Jun 8 11:02 PM
      Hi Benjamin,

      If they are on those BBC websites. My screenreader Supernova do not
      expect them.

      Peter Verhoeven

      > Julie Schiller wrote:
      > > The BBC is striving to create usable and accessible
      > products to share
      > > its programmes and content with everyone. In an effort to bring new
      > > technologies to our sites and ensure a pleasant user
      > experience we're
      > > considering introducing microformats.
      >
      > For those who don't know, microformats are (roughly speaking)
      > a way of annotating the code of webpages so that machine
      > processors (such as web browsers, browser add-ons, search
      > engines, potentially assistive
      > technology) can extract the data on them.
      >
      > For example, a webpage might have a client's contact details on it.
      > There's a microformat called hCard which the developer of the
      > webpage could use to annotate those contact details so that
      > (for example) a browser addon could allow you to drag and
      > drop the contact details onto your address book.
      >
      > See http://microformats.org/ <http://microformats.org/> for
      > more information.
      >
      > You can read more about the BBC's specific efforts and some
      > of their concerns here:
      >
      > http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/radiolabs/2008/05/microformats_and_
      > accessibility.shtml
      > <http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/radiolabs/2008/05/microformats_and
      > _accessibility.shtml>
      >
      > --
      > Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis

      Visit Oce at drupa! Register online now: <http://drupa.oce.com>

      This message and attachment(s) are intended solely for use by the addressee and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law.

      If you are not the intended recipient or agent thereof responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

      If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone and with a 'reply' message.

      Thank you for your co-operation.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic