4607RE: [magnifiers] Change Text Cursor, Highlighting in Office XP, ..

  • Griffiths, Steve
    Feb 13 11:54 AM
      Martin,

      Can't help with points 1 or 2 I'm afraid, but you can change the wavy
      underline colours for spelling errors in Word from the Support.dot
      template, which is not loaded by default. See
      http://support.microsoft.com/kb/820916 for how to install it.

      This gives you the options of changing the following:
      SpellingWavyUnderlineColor for spelling errors
      GrammarWavyUnderlineColor for grammatical errors
      SmartTagUnderlineColor for smart tags marked in the text
      FormatConsistencyWavyUnderlineColor to designate inconsistent document
      formatting

      Mouse users can then click the Choose Color button to get a palette of
      colours from which to select. This palette is navigable with the
      keyboard, but a screen reader will not announce the colours selected.

      Word will need to be restarted before the colour changes take effect.

      I'm not aware of a way to revert to the default settings, so here they
      are if you need them:
      Spelling wavy underline colour - 16711680
      Grammar wavy underline colour - 32768
      Smart tag underline colour - 12976326
      Format consistency wavy underline colour - 255

      As for point 4, I believe the sound you get when pressing the CapsLock
      key is controlled by the BIOS. I can't recall exactly where, but I've
      been on some PCs where there is a volume control for system beeps. The
      target circles you get when you press the Ctrl key are controlled
      through the mouse driver, so you should be able to get to them through
      the Control Panel.

      Steve