      From: magnifiers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:magnifiers@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Laurie McArthur
      Sent: Friday, November 30, 2007 10:03 AM
      To: magnifiers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [magnifiers] portable cctv

      There are a number of "portable" CCTV units. Some more portable than
      others, and some are better at seeing at a distance than others.

      Some are specifically designed for the camera to rotate and enable
      significant zooming in on information at a distance, and many can also
      enable you to capture still images of information on a blackboard -
      generally through doing a "screen shot" of your laptops display.

      Other models to look at (and I'm sure there are more that I hope people
      will add ) are:

      Clarity - PCmate model - www.clarityusa.com
      Enhanced Vision Systems - "flipper" model - www.enhancedvision.com
      Optelec - Clearnote portable video magnifier - www.optelec.com
      Ash Technologies - ask about their distance camera. It may be only
      available as an add on to one of the other CCTV's - www.ashtech.ie
      Sight Enhancement Systems - WAT Cam -
      http://www.sightenhancement.com/watcam.html

      Hope this helps to give you a broader range of the possibilities!

      Laurie