4555RE: [magnifiers] portable cctv

  • Merv Keck
    Nov 21, 2007
      Freedom Scientific has the Onyx Camera which hooks into a desktop or laptop
      or a television. It comes in a variety of flavors depending on your needs
      and budget. I just bought the the onyx flex arm which comes with Magic 10.5
      (I got the version with speech and magnification), and I use it for
      everything from reading subtitles on the television, writing checks, reading
      books and magazines, zooming in on people and projects several feet away
      like my sixteen channel Alesis Mexmeister pro audio mixer and lots more. It
      breaks down and goes into a padded case with a handle about the size of a
      laptop case. When connected to the laptop via USB you can split the screen
      or view it full screen, freeze the screen, and some other cool stuff. I had
      two retina detachments this year and now have capsular fog which so far
      cannot be cleared up with a yag so it's been a valuable tool for me.

      For more info check out www.freedomscientific.com and if you decide you are
      interested in talking to someone there email me at
      dj.countrybumpkin@... and I can give you the name and extension of
      the guy who helped me. He's very good. I don't know him and I'm not a
      salesman for the company. I just know I really like this product.

      Sparrow
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic