4155RE: [magnifiers] Zoomtext 9 or Magic 10

  • Christopher McMillan
    Oct 3, 2006
      I have been a beta tester Zoomtext 9 and user Magic since 7.0. I would have
      to say the following based on using both products for about 8 years.

      If you are a speech user with Jaws, I find that the tracking and Jaws Speech
      support works much better together with Magic 10.

      From a standpoint of performance, I feel that ZT 9.0 is way ahead of Magic
      10. I have used Magic 10 on 3 different Dell PC and 2 Dell notebooks with
      RAM amounts from 756 MG to 2 GB of RAM. I have used both software packages
      on Petinum 4 machines with the latest Windows and VISTA OS, where I can.
      Magic 10 is extremely slow with is responsiveness when open IE 6 or 7,
      Office 2003 Applications and Outlook 2003.

      Magic different text sizes and color combinations seems to be better than Ai
      Squared but ZT 9.0 new Neo Speech is more robust and responsive at high
      speeds.

      So if I were using Jaws 6 or 7 I would want to work with Magic 10. If I
      were using large print alone, I would use ZT 9.0 in a heart beat.

      Here is the only draw back. On ZT 9.0 new licensing requirements, you can
      only use the product on one PC at a time. Having 3 PC's, 2 Notebooks and a
      server makes it difficult.

      Just my 2 cents and John it was developed by Micro Systems in Boston. Bill
      Kilroy, Freedom Scientific's Northeast Sales Director used to work for them.

      Sincerely,

      Christopher McMillan
      Rehabilitation Engineer
      chrismcmillan@...