3828Re: [magnifiers] Microsoft and accessibility

  • Kathy Williams
    Dec 4, 2005
      Unless I am more senile than I know, 508 has nothing to do with the A.D.A. It is concerned only with software bought by the Federal Government for its employees as I recall. As for accessibility relating to requirements spelled out by the A.D.A., those requirements are always tempered by the concepts of reasonable accommodation and what is financially reasonable to ask of a seller. In the case of taking something that is strongly visual such as a modern video game, and attempting to make it accessible to those who are weakly visual if visual at all, it's going to be a tough argument to justify the cost and effort on the part of the software publisher . Don't hold your breath. And don't kid yourself either, there are many visual things magnification and language cannot replace.
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic