3817Re: [magnifiers] Microsoft and accessibility

  • C.L.M. Toxopeus
    Dec 3, 2005
      Hello Peter,

      OK, I was just joking about SuperNova, in
      magnification it is getting more similar to its
      competitor ZT. But that isn't the debate here. Still I
      have more problems using LunarPlus, than ZT 9. It runs
      for example much slower.

      To solve your problem with the Java applet. You could
      try the following steps.
      1. Make sure that the Java Runtime Environment is
      installed on the system.
      2. Install the Java Access Bridge, this should turn
      direct drawing to the screen off, enabled for screen
      magnifiers.
      3. I suspect that you use the browser Internet
      Explorer. Make sure it uses the Java Runtime
      Environment and not the Microsoft implementation of
      Java, which isn't the good one.

      Since SupnerNova does not (yet) support Java, I do not
      know if there will be any tracking. I hope this helps
      solve the screen corruption problem.

      The problems with Java are the problem that actually
      there are two systems that have to co-operate
      together. Java in itself has built in support for
      accessibility. If you use the standard library
      included in Java than you get reasonable access. In
      Java it is recommended to use the standards. But the
      problem is that Microsoft is less stringent in that.

      Best regards,
      Kees Toxopeus

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/KIlPFB/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/8vOslB/TM