3806Re: [magnifiers] Microsoft and accessibility

    Dec 2, 2005
      Hi Chris,

      I avoid using Java applications. At the office we have a Java application
      for pre-order processing. Problems already starts to login. If I enter
      text,nothing seems to happen, until I turn magnification off. So, every
      action I do within that application is not magnified. I don't believe that
      company has ever heart about accessibility or Java Access Bridge, like most
      Java programmers never heard about.

      I also once tried Zoomtext with the example notepad applications that comes
      with the Java SDK, tracking seems to work the first time I tried that
      example applications, but after a couple of days, there was no tracking
      anymore.

      I do not know what the future is of direct draw techniques, but it is realy
      a danger for accessiblity of a lot of programs.

      BTW: I'm glad my company don't want Java applications anymore, because of
      the instability and high cost to maintain all those Java versions on end
      users computers.

      > I find that my little magnifier, Virtual Magnifying Glass, works fine
      > with Java apps, both new and old. I tried this using the "snapshot"
      > mode (default) and the beta dynamic mode which uses DirectX
      > (magnification with interactive desktop). Can you mention some of the
      > Java apps that the magnifiers have problems with? I
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic