3805Re: [magnifiers] Microsoft and accessibility

  • Chris O'Donnell
    Dec 1, 2005
      Hi Peter,

      I find that my little magnifier, Virtual Magnifying Glass, works fine
      with Java apps, both new and old. I tried this using the "snapshot"
      mode (default) and the beta dynamic mode which uses DirectX
      (magnification with interactive desktop). Can you mention some of the
      Java apps that the magnifiers have problems with? I want to ensure
      that I'm not missing something when it comes to Java app support, at
      least with respect to graphics.

      BTW: I'm using gmail, it tends to hide the quoted stuff very well,
      but then I usually forget to delete it anyways when sending out. I
      like gmail because it works well with Firefox and I can crank up the
      font sizes very quickly to read the screen.

      -Chris O

      On 12/1/05, Verhoeven, Peter <peter.verhoeven@...> wrote:
      > Hi Chris,
      > Zoomtext seems to be a bit compatible sometimes with Java. But this only
      > works if you have administration rights on your computer. In practice it
      > does not work at all.
      > One day it seems to work the other day there is no caret and menu
      > tracking anymore.
      > Most applications also didn't work with Zoomtext. If I click to open a
      > drop down list, in magnifications mode nothing happens.
      > I never see any screen reader with speech or magnification support in
      > Java application.
      > Peter Verhoeven
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic