2171Re: [magnifiers] ZoomText 8.03 Released

  • carol masonmiller
    Nov 4, 2003
      Thank you for the comments; I was so pleased to find this site. It gives
      me some idea as to where to start in my research on magnification while I am
      still capable of reading regular type. I have saved your comments in my
      file and will let you know what works for me. I am totally new to this
      technology so it will take me some time to figure out what I need and how to
      do it.
      Thanks again--
      Carol Miller

      >From: Emilia Belserene <emiliab@...>
      >To: magnifiers@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [magnifiers] ZoomText 8.03 Released
      >Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 23:53:08 -0800
      >
      >At 09:50 AM 9/26/03 -0400, Scott Moore wrote:
      >ZoomText 8.03 Released
      >
      >I have been trying 8.03 (under Windows 98). I especially like ZoomText for
      >the way it reformats lines in its teleprompter mode. Version 7 needed some
      >improvement and I looked forward to version 8. Some things are better but
      >more are worse.
      > My comments about 8.03 Magnifier without speech:
      >GOOD:
      >*Edge smoothing is excellent
      >*AppReader can find its way around columns on web pages in Internet
      >Explorer.
      >*DocReader can sometimes recognize columns.
      >*Doc reader has a cleaner screen than it had in version 7.
      >BAD:
      >*This new DocReader is useless except in Microsoft products.
      >*Lines in teleprompter jump upward instead of scrolling.
      >*Lines in AppReader not only jump up. They also jump left and right.
      >*AppReader can not be reached from the Magnifier, only from the more
      >expensive Reader.
      >*DocReader has lost several of the options it had in version 7.
      >*The DocReader options are on the Reader tab in the trial version. Where
      >will they be in the product that does not include Reader?
      > I will appreciate comments from Scott about these problems. Will
      >they be addressed in future updates?
      > Also comments from other people who, like me, use DocReader
      >without speech. How do you use 8.03 or do you find the features you want
      >in a different product?
      >
      >Thanks for any comments.
      > - Emilia

      Crave some Miles Davis or Grateful Dead? Your old favorites are always
      playing on MSN Radio Plus. Trial month free!