2141Re: [magnifiers] ZoomText 8.03 Released

  • Amy Bower
    Oct 2, 2003
      This is the first I've seen of screen flashing problems with ZT. I'm
      suddenly having this problem too, mainly since updated to ZT 8.03 from
      8.02. Not all applications, but some. It's very troubling - the screen
      sometimes fllashes for several seconds when refreshing before settliing
      down. I'm getting more inclined to back off to ZT 7.x.

      Amy B.

      At 04:24 PM 10/2/2003 +0200, you wrote:
      >Nick Donaldson wrote:
      >
      > >I was having a problem with 8.02 and the X-Window emulator software I
      > >use to connect to Unix. The problem essentially was a screen flashing
      > >that would take place whenever any of teh unix windows I was in had to
      > >do a major refresh. The blinking could go on fo rminutes. so far, it
      > >hasn't happened yet. I'll write more if it comes back.
      > >

      >I am using the Hummingbird XServer-Emulation - or rather, I don't use
      >it, because there are too many problems with that program with ZT. I am
      >running winNT 4.0 sp 5 and ZT 7.05. So far I have to use telnet to
      >connect to our unix machines but this is only half the fun and
      >effeciency one could get out of unix.
      >
      >Which XServer program are you using?
      >
      >Regards
      > Frank