1942Re: [magnifiers] How? Move Popup from below to top of the pointer?

  • Leslie P Peterson
    May 4 6:24 PM
      Bas,

      Yes, I do use Alt-arrow often, but not enough time.

      I still remember somewhere the feature that I can change from short time
      to long time for the popup but I can not remember where is it. I am not
      sure that I use the demo of the pointer software. It was a long time ago.
      I heard that Windows XP has one now. This is my new computer with
      Windows XP.

      Leslie--
      On Mon, 05 May 2003 03:06:41 +0200 Bas Cancrinus <bas@...>
      writes:
      > Leslie P Peterson wrote:
      >
      > >It is diffeuclt for me to read the popup below or under the
      > pointer
      > >because the message is out of the screen. I have no way to read it
      > when I
      > >move the pointerer off the area.
      > >
      > >How could I move it to top of the pointer. Or how to freeze it as I
      > could
      > >move zoome to read then ESC?
      > >

      > This is an inconvenience that I also experience since these
      > "tooltips"
      > were invented... As far as I know no current magnifier has a
      > facility to
      > show tooltips in a convenient way. However, I'd like to let you know
      > my
      > workaround for this issue in ZoomText 7.xx:
      >
      > 1) Position you mouse pointer on the object from where the tooltip
      > pops up.
      > > The tooltip pops up.
      > 2) Leave your mouse as it is and hold the Alt key. While you hold
      > the
      > Alt key, press the arrow keys to move your magnifier around.
      > > The tooltip is visible while the magnifier is moved over it.
      >
      > The only problem that remains are tooltips that only pop up for a
      > few
      > seconds and disappear immediately; I can't move the magnifier quick
      > enough.
      >
      > Please let me know if this helps.
      >
      > With kind regards,
      > Bas