Re: [magicu-l] Re: Accessing Variables

  • Sherman Levine
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2005
      When you run a program from the menu, it closes all currently open programs.

      To keep the programs open, you could have the debugger program triggered by
      an application level event such as a hotkey (in tools/application events)

      If you want to have a menu entry launch the debugger without closing the
      active programs, have the menu entry type = System, and the System
      Action=User Action 1 (for example), and create a line in tools/applicatoin
      events with action=user action 1 calling the debugger.

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 1, 2005
        ----If you want to have a menu entry launch the debugger without
        closing the active programs, have the menu entry type = System, and
        the System
        Action=User Action 1 (for example),

        // would the line below be in the debugger program as well?

        and create a line in tools/application events with action=user
        action 1 calling the debugger.

        I haven't created a debugger program before. Is this like creating
        any other programs. Will I be able to call other applications; Word,
        Adobe; C programs? etc.

        Thanks for all your help

        --- In magicu-l@yahoogroups.com, "Sherman Levine" <slevine@s...>
        wrote:

        > When you run a program from the menu, it closes all currently open
        programs.

        > To keep the programs open, you could have the debugger program
        triggered by
        > an application level event such as a hotkey (in tools/application
        events)

        > If you want to have a menu entry launch the debugger without
        closing the
        > active programs, have the menu entry type = System, and the System
        > Action=User Action 1 (for example), and create a line in
        tools/applicatoin
        > events with action=user action 1 calling the debugger.

      • Frank Van Herreweghe
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 1, 2005
          ai ai ai, don't say you debug all your programs with Verify's? :-s

          Before programming any other line, import those debugger programs of the
          File-section. With 1 click you can see the values of ALL your variables!
          Life will become alot easier ;-)

          And yes, these debuggers are Magic programs too. So nothing special there.

          Regards

          Frank Van Herreweghe
          Frank.van.herreweghe@...

          wrote:

          > When you run a program from the menu, it closes all currently open
          programs.

          > To keep the programs open, you could have the debugger program
          triggered by
          > an application level event such as a hotkey (in tools/application
          events)

          > If you want to have a menu entry launch the debugger without
          closing the
          > active programs, have the menu entry type = System, and the System
          > Action=User Action 1 (for example), and create a line in
          tools/applicatoin
          > events with action=user action 1 calling the debugger.

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • boskoadam
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 1, 2005
            THANKS!!!

            The second suggestion is the path I was looking for.

            wrote:

            > When you run a program from the menu, it closes all currently open
            programs.

            > To keep the programs open, you could have the debugger program
            triggered by
            > an application level event such as a hotkey (in tools/application
            events)

            > If you want to have a menu entry launch the debugger without
            closing the
            > active programs, have the menu entry type = System, and the System
            > Action=User Action 1 (for example), and create a line in
            tools/applicatoin
            > events with action=user action 1 calling the debugger.

          • boskoadam
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 1, 2005
              Yep you guessed it....hahahaa

              I am excited about joining this group... This is great!

              Thanks

              --- In magicu-l@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Van Herreweghe"
              <Frank.Van.Herreweghe@t...> wrote:

              > ai ai ai, don't say you debug all your programs with Verify's? :-s
              >
              > Before programming any other line, import those debugger programs
              of the
              > File-section. With 1 click you can see the values of ALL your
              variables!
              > Life will become alot easier ;-)
              >
              > And yes, these debuggers are Magic programs too. So nothing special
              there.

              > Regards
              >
              > Frank Van Herreweghe
              > Frank.van.herreweghe@t...

            • Frank Van Herreweghe
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 1, 2005
                Check out http://www.trillium-sw.com/ for the CD's of the Magic User Group
                Conference from 2003.
                The CD's from 2005 are made too, but the website is not yet up to date it
                seems.

                For a very low price you have a huge amount of information...

                Regards

                Frank Van Herreweghe
                Frank.van.herreweghe@...

                I am excited about joining this group... This is great!

                Thanks

                --- In magicu-l@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Van Herreweghe"
                <Frank.Van.Herreweghe@t...> wrote:

                > ai ai ai, don't say you debug all your programs with Verify's? :-s
                >
                > Before programming any other line, import those debugger programs
                of the
                > File-section. With 1 click you can see the values of ALL your
                variables!
                > Life will become alot easier ;-)
                >
                > And yes, these debuggers are Magic programs too. So nothing special
                there.

                > Regards
                >
                > Frank Van Herreweghe
                > Frank.van.herreweghe@t...