Table/Field positioning problem

  • jdegrote123
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2004
      Hi all,

      I am stuck with the following.
      Place a table in an online screen. Drop a variable on the table.
      Stretch it in order to have a few rows. All works fine.
      Now, go to the table on the screen and change the left position of
      the table with an expression. Run the program. Yes, the field has a
      wrong position. So, back to the screen and we fit the variable with
      an expression on the left position also. Run the program so you can
      see all is well again.
      The PROBLEM:
      Go to the table on the screen and change the TOP position of the
      table with an expression (let's say to a lower position). Run the
      program and you will see that the field is placed on the table title.
      So, I thought, back to the screen and we fit the variable with an
      expression on the TOP position also.

      No scroll no more…
      Suggestions?

      Regards,
      John
    • Sherman Levine
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2004
        What version of magic
        ?
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Keith B. Canniff
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2004
          Sounds to me like that field in the table isn't really a child of the
          table, otherwise the field positioning is relative to its parent (which
          would be the table control).
          If you click on the table control, do you see a pink outline of the field
          in question? If not, it's not a child of the table control.

          If not, click on the field, then click the "chain icon" in the palette
          and then click on the table control. This will create a new column in the
          table.

          If you want to keep its current column location, then drag another
          control off the control palette, hold down the Alt key and drop it back
          on top of the existing column. This will "stack" the field in the column
          with whatever is there. you'll then have to reposition it and shrink the
          row height back to the original size. Once you've done this, positioning
          should no longer be a problem.

          HTH

          On Wednesday, December 01, 2004 2:59 AM, jdegrote123 wrote:

          >Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 07:59:47 -0000
          >From: jdegrote123
          >To: magicu-l@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [magicu-l] Table/Field positioning problem
          >
          >Hi all,
          >
          >I am stuck with the following.
          >Place a table in an online screen. Drop a variable on the table.
          >Stretch it in order to have a few rows. All works fine.
          >Now, go to the table on the screen and change the left position of
          >the table with an expression. Run the program. Yes, the field has a
          >wrong position. So, back to the screen and we fit the variable with
          >an expression on the left position also. Run the program so you can
          >see all is well again.
          >The PROBLEM:
          >Go to the table on the screen and change the TOP position of the
          >table with an expression (let's say to a lower position). Run the
          >program and you will see that the field is placed on the table title.
          >So, I thought, back to the screen and we fit the variable with an
          >expression on the TOP position also.
          >
          >No scroll no more…
          >Suggestions?
          >
          >Regards,
          >John
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

          ======================================
          Keith Canniff
          VP Product Development
          Management of Information Technologies Inc.
          Phone: (770) 840-9551
          Fax: (770) 840-9815
          kcanniff@...
          Report/Review Software Issues:
          http://www.mitus.com/ttweb/login.htm
        • jdegrote123
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2004
            I'm using Magic 9.4

            The problem still stands.

            Regards,
            John

            > Hi all,
            >
            > I am stuck with the following.
            > Place a table in an online screen. Drop a variable on the table.
            > Stretch it in order to have a few rows. All works fine.
            > Now, go to the table on the screen and change the left position of
            > the table with an expression. Run the program. Yes, the field has a
            > wrong position. So, back to the screen and we fit the variable with
            > an expression on the left position also. Run the program so you can
            > see all is well again.
            > The PROBLEM:
            > Go to the table on the screen and change the TOP position of the
            > table with an expression (let's say to a lower position). Run the
            > program and you will see that the field is placed on the table
            title.
            > So, I thought, back to the screen and we fit the variable with an
            > expression on the TOP position also.
            >
            > No scroll no more…
            > Suggestions?
            >
            > Regards,
            > John
          • Keith B. Canniff
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 2, 2004
              John,

              What's your reason for moving as well as resizing the table dynamically
              on the form?
              Maybe there's another way to handle this