Problem.... In the Parsing Process... HELP

  • Vashisht Rakesh
    Message 1 of 15 , May 1, 2004
      Dear All,

      I m getting "In the Parsing Process" error in my
      application. When I run a "my_prog" from the menu this
      error pops up. If I run the same program again it will
      come correctly. This error doesnt come every time. But
      it will surely p__s off the clients. If any one knows
      any workaround pls tell me and tell me why is it
      coming.

      My application is running on a Sun Solaris Server,
      Apache is the webserver. The application will be
      accessed from Windows 2000 workstations.

      Regards
      Rakesh

    • nickv_uk2001
      Message 2 of 15 , May 1, 2004
        hello,

        I'm sorry I cant help.

        UK memeber responses maybe slow as this is a holiday weekend, next
        work day is Tues, so you may need to be extra patient. Good luck.

        --- In magicu-l@yahoogroups.com, Vashisht Rakesh
        <rakeshvashisht@y...> wrote:
        > Dear All,
        >
        > I m getting "In the Parsing Process" error in my
        > application. When I run a "my_prog" from the menu this
        > error pops up. If I run the same program again it will
        > come correctly. This error doesnt come every time. But
        > it will surely p__s off the clients. If any one knows
        > any workaround pls tell me and tell me why is it
        > coming.
        >
        > My application is running on a Sun Solaris Server,
        > Apache is the webserver. The application will be
        > accessed from Windows 2000 workstations.
        >
        > Regards
        > Rakesh

      • Keith B. Canniff
        Message 3 of 15 , May 1, 2004
          Is this a C/S application, or web? If web, is this browser client or HTML merge?

          What version of Apache?

          If this is a web application, looks like it's an Intranet, correct?

          What version of Magic?

          Have you run Checker on this program, and any others it calls?

          Does it also fail if you run from developer and press F7 from the Program Repository to run it?

          On Saturday, May 01, 2004 7:36 AM, Vashisht Rakesh wrote:

          >Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 04:36:31 -0700 (PDT)
          >From: Vashisht Rakesh
          >To: magicu-l@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [magicu-l] Problem.... In the Parsing Process... HELP
          >
          >Dear All,
          >
          > I m getting "In the Parsing Process" error in my
          >application. When I run a "my_prog" from the menu this
          >error pops up. If I run the same program again it will
          >come correctly. This error doesnt come every time. But
          >it will surely p__s off the clients. If any one knows
          >any workaround pls tell me and tell me why is it
          >coming.
          >
          > My application is running on a Sun Solaris Server,
          >Apache is the webserver. The application will be
          >accessed from Windows 2000 workstations.
          >
          >Regards
          >Rakesh

          ======================================
          Keith Canniff
          VP Product Development
          Management of Information Technologies Inc.
          Phone: (770) 840-9551
          Fax: (770) 840-9815
          kcanniff@...
          Report/Review Software Issues:
          http://www.mitus.com/ttweb/login.htm
        • Vashisht Rakesh
          Message 4 of 15 , May 2, 2004
            Hello Keith,

            This is a BC and yes its an Intranet. Apache's version
            is 1.3.2.7.

            If I run it by pressing F7 it works fine.

            Rakesh

          • Keith B. Canniff
            Message 5 of 15 , May 2, 2004
              What kind of menu are you running it from, BC or regular HTML?
              What are your settings in the MAGIC.INI file dealing with Context, etc.?

              ======================================
              Message 6 of 15 , May 2, 2004
                Hello Kieth,

                I m building the menu using HTML Merge and Javascript
                The MAGIC.INI settings are :

                MaxConcurrentRequests = 3
                ContextInactivityTimeout = 180000
                ContextUnloadTimeout = 0
                RetryOperationTime = 600

              • Keith B. Canniff
                Message 7 of 15 , May 2, 2004
                  Are you sure the parsing error isn't coming from your javascript in the
                  HTML merge document since it works fine when you don't run it from here?

                  Have you activated the debugger/monitor to see if it sheds some light on
                  the problem?

                  ======================================
                  Message 8 of 15 , May 2, 2004
                    Yes I m sure it is not because of Javascript in HTML
                    Merge,

                    Because before this Menu program there is a Login
                    program which is a simple BC program. Some times the
                    error comes in this program also.

                    === message truncated ===

                  • Emanuel Victor VITAN
                    Message 9 of 15 , May 3, 2004
                      Hello Rakesh,

                      Are you using .NET or Java technology ?

                      >I m building the menu using HTML Merge and
                      > Javascript
                      Is the menu html page (generated by merge) used as the form of a BC task ?
                      If yes, are you calling the merge batch task in the logon task or elsewhere
                      ?

                      >...Because before this Menu program there is a Login
                      >program which is a simple BC program. Some times the
                      >error comes in this program also.
                      Do you obtain this error message when you click an OK button after you typed
                      the user name and password or it appears before you get the focus on the
                      first logon form field ?

                      Best regards,

                      Emanuel VITAN
                      Analyste Programmeur
                      Responsable recherche et developpement
                      INTELYS - Toulouse
                      emanuel.vitan@...
                      emanuel.vitan@...
                      http://www.intelys.fr/

                      Beatus, qui prodest, quibus potest.

                      Message 10 of 15 , May 3, 2004
                        Hello Emanuel

                        None of them, to build the menu I m using Simple HTML
                        MERGE and Javascript.

                        Rakesh
                        --- Emanuel Victor VITAN <emanuel.vitan@...>
                        wrote:
                        > Hello Rakesh,
                        >
                        > Are you using .NET or Java technology ?
                        >
                        > >I m building the menu using HTML Merge and
                        > > Javascript
                        > Is the menu html page (generated by merge) used as
                        > the form of a BC task ?
                        > If yes, are you calling the merge batch task in the
                        > logon task or elsewhere
                        > ?
                        >
                        > >...Because before this Menu program there is a
                        > >program which is a simple BC program. Some times
                        > the
                        > >error comes in this program also.
                        > Do you obtain this error message when you click an
                        > OK button after you typed
                        > the user name and password or it appears before you
                        > get the focus on the
                        > first logon form field ?
                        >

                        > Best regards,
                        >
                        > Emanuel VITAN
                        > Analyste Programmeur
                        > Responsable recherche et developpement
                        > INTELYS - Toulouse
                        > emanuel.vitan@...
                        > emanuel.vitan@...
                        > http://www.intelys.fr/
                        >
                        > Beatus, qui prodest, quibus potest.

                      • Vashisht Rakesh
                        Message 11 of 15 , May 3, 2004
                          on exit of my logon program I m calling a Frame Set in
                          which top Frame loads a BC Program "SEARCH" and Lower
                          Frame shows the menu.

                          wrote:
                          > Hello Rakesh,
                          >
                          > Are you using .NET or Java technology ?
                          >
                          > >I m building the menu using HTML Merge and
                          > > Javascript
                          > Is the menu html page (generated by merge) used as
                          > the form of a BC task ?
                          > If yes, are you calling the merge batch task in the
                          > logon task or elsewhere
                          > ?
                          >
                          > >...Because before this Menu program there is a
                          > >program which is a simple BC program. Some times
                          > the
                          > >error comes in this program also.
                          > Do you obtain this error message when you click an
                          > OK button after you typed
                          > the user name and password or it appears before you
                          > get the focus on the
                          > first logon form field ?
                          >

                          > Best regards,
                          >
                          > Emanuel VITAN
                          > Analyste Programmeur
                          > Responsable recherche et developpement
                          > INTELYS - Toulouse
                          > emanuel.vitan@...
                          > emanuel.vitan@...
                          > http://www.intelys.fr/
                          >
                          > Beatus, qui prodest, quibus potest.

                        • Emanuel Victor VITAN
                          Message 12 of 15 , May 3, 2004
                            Rakesh,

                            Since the login program is BC, in order to open a Frame set, I suppose you
                            will do an asynchronous call... ex:
                            Http://YourServer/Magic94Scripts/mgrqispi94.dll?appname=AplicationName&PRGNA
                            ME=ProgramPublicName

                            Have you considered that this will open a new context for the Frame set?
                            If yes, can you please explain how you managed it ?

                            Can you please do a test for me :
                            = add a handler system on the shortcut CTRL+F5 in the logon program with an
                            operation call prog SEARCH.
                            = run this program, hit CTRL+F5 and tell me if you always have the error.

                            Besides that, you mentionned in one of your previous messages that
                            ContextInactivityTimeout = 180000, this means that once the end user has
                            compleately turned off IE (preciselly when the end user send the last
                            request), during 5 hours the context will be active on the server...

                            Even if you have a disconnect button which does a ctxkill(), imagine that
                            the IE connection is broken before you hit the disconnection button...If all
                            other contexts are busy, you will have to wait 5hours before you can send a
                            new request...

                            I'm sure that the HTML merge technique has a solution for this problem, but
                            in that case you will have to ask for it to someone else.

                            In my case (complete BC, with very rare merged js and html pages used as
                            forms ), I am using a single context from the beginning until the end.
                            ContextInactivityTimeout = 3000 (5minutes)

                            You may ask what happens if no request is sended during 5minutes. The
                            response is the context will be released.

                            ...the next question will be, how can I keep the context active while my end
                            user is searching for some information on his desk during more than 5
                            minutes... Well in the main program, I have created a timer handler which is
                            raised every 2 min, and this handler is doing a call prog which updates a
                            field in the users table with Time().
                            ...so, since there is a request every 2 minutes, my user can be out of the
                            office for a week if he wants, when he will be back the context will be
                            there waiting for him...
                            If the user closes IE, or the internet connection is broken, the timer event
                            isn't raised anymore, so after 5 minutes the context is released.

                            Hope this helps,

                            wrote:
                            > Hello Rakesh,
                            >
                            > Are you using .NET or Java technology ?
                            >
                            > >I m building the menu using HTML Merge and
                            > > Javascript
                            > Is the menu html page (generated by merge) used as
                            > the form of a BC task ?
                            > If yes, are you calling the merge batch task in the
                            > logon task or elsewhere
                            > ?
                            >
                            > >...Because before this Menu program there is a
                            > >program which is a simple BC program. Some times
                            > the
                            > >error comes in this program also.
                            > Do you obtain this error message when you click an
                            > OK button after you typed
                            > the user name and password or it appears before you
                            > get the focus on the
                            > first logon form field ?
                            >

                            > Best regards,
                            >
                            > Emanuel VITAN
                            > Analyste Programmeur
                            > Responsable recherche et developpement
                            > INTELYS - Toulouse
                            > emanuel.vitan@...
                            > emanuel.vitan@...
                            > http://www.intelys.fr/
                            >
                            > Beatus, qui prodest, quibus potest.

                          • Vashisht Rakesh
                            Message 13 of 15 , May 4, 2004
                              Hello Emanuel,

                              Thanx for all the inputs, I'll surely try the thing
                              you have mentioned. But I want to state here that the
                              problem of Parsing Error is not coming because of some
                              JavaScript or Context related settings... it is
                              because... first of all my Logon Program is being
                              called, some times this parsing error comes in the
                              Logon program. This error doesnt come every time, it
                              comes only some times you can say once in 10 time...,
                              This error is not limited to the logon screen
                              sometimes it comes when Menu is being loaded or when I
                              m clicking on some Menu Item to open a program or
                              sometimes when I m logging out of the application.

                              Do I have to make some special setting in the INI so
                              that this error doesnt come.

                              Regards
                              Rakesh Vashisht

                              wrote:
> [...]
                              >
                              > You may ask what happens if no request is sended
                              > during 5minutes. The
                              > response is the context will be released.
                              >
                              > ...the next question will be, how can I keep the
                              > context active while my end
                              > user is searching for some information on his desk
                              > during more than 5
                              > minutes... Well in the main program, I have created
                              > a timer handler which is
                              > raised every 2 min, and this handler is doing a call
                              > prog which updates a
                              > field in the users table with Time().
                              > ...so, since there is a request every 2 minutes, my
                              > user can be out of the
                              > office for a week if he wants, when he will be back
                              > the context will be
                              > there waiting for him...
                              > If the user closes IE, or the internet connection is
                              > broken, the timer event
                              > isn't raised anymore, so after 5 minutes the context

                              === message truncated ===

                            • Emanuel Victor VITAN
                              Message 14 of 15 , May 4, 2004
                                Rakesh,

                                >I want to state here that the
                                >problem of Parsing Error is not coming because of some
                                >JavaScript or Context related settings...
                                I have asked you to do a test in order to see if you have always the same
                                error, in order to better isolate the Parsing error message... what results
                                did you obtained ?

                                > Can you please do a test for me :
                                > = add a handler system on the shortcut CTRL+F5 in
                                > the logon program with an
                                > operation call prog SEARCH.
                                > = run this program, hit CTRL+F5 and tell me if you
                                > always have the error.

                                Also you should check if the path Magic.ini [Magic_env]CTLCacheFilesPath is
                                a shared folder with write permissions that can be accessed by every
                                developper which can do F7 in order to test the BC program. This folder
                                (CTLCacheFilesPath) is the one that will be used to create Magic.ini
                                [Magic_env]CTLCacheFilesAlias, virtual directory.

                                wrote:
> [...]
                                >
                                > You may ask what happens if no request is sended
                                > during 5minutes. The
                                > response is the context will be released.
                                >
                                > ...the next question will be, how can I keep the
                                > context active while my end
                                > user is searching for some information on his desk
                                > during more than 5
                                > minutes... Well in the main program, I have created
                                > a timer handler which is
                                > raised every 2 min, and this handler is doing a call
                                > prog which updates a
                                > field in the users table with Time().
                                > ...so, since there is a request every 2 minutes, my
                                > user can be out of the
                                > office for a week if he wants, when he will be back
                                > the context will be
                                > there waiting for him...
                                > If the user closes IE, or the internet connection is
                                > broken, the timer event
                                > isn't raised anymore, so after 5 minutes the context

                                === message truncated ===