ZooM in Magic 8.30 -WEB-

  • prolaz2002
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
      Hi! again,
      is anywhere some example of program for Magic8.30(like ZOOM from
      Magic windows) I think without prog like that web app is non-sens. I
      read from Magic 9.4 but some things are different. Magic BC
      Methodology is good example, but only for 9.4. Users who use Magic
      8.3 for WEB app is very ignore with good support for WEB app, we
      just have very very...very absic example in Internet Development.pdf.

      Please where I can find some (tutorial) exapmle?
      What I have must create 2 batch progs ok, but how I can send
      parameters and receive parameters from "dead" html form?

      I know that I must use JavaScript but I don't have much knowledge
      about JavaScript. Is any place for help???
    • Craig Martin
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
        this includes a reference to webonline too, (don't know whether this will be
        relevant to you) but the core of the example should let you cobble something
        together for your needs.

        Craig

        "Sound of the drums
        Beating in my heart
        The thunder of guns
        Tore me apart
        You've been - thunderstruck"

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
          Craig Thanks again,

          You said that You can put here some exported magic little app, like
          example, please if You can do it.

          Beacuze we the can reduce here message about famous ZOOM in browser.

          I see your elink here but stil have question, so plz put here exp
          file of App with Html Lookup.

          Then I can see if your example for Html merge or not, can see how
          you send, and receive parameters from-in magic table.....

          And just one question is possible set some Init variable in fields
          of html page (read from file eg. next number of invoice and display
          on html page.

          Tnx again.

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
            Okay, I'll get you something probably tomorrow, it's no real effort. Some
            other html-merge evangelists may help you first.

            I have a project called "Zen and the Art of Magic: Web Application
            Development" in pre-production but meantime, work through the internet.pdf
            that came with Magic 83.

            If you don't already, get yourself a copy of the magicu-l archive, a series
            of compiled help files that archive the posts to magicu-l. There are other
            html-merge examples in there.

            The archive is here: http://magicusergroup.com/archive/

            Btw, that message about the lookup is from more than 3 years ago and it's
            not me you should thank. I passed on your regards to the
            Craig-in-that-time-and-space, and he simply says "o-kay, nae bother, pal".
            It's a jedi mind-trick ;)

            Craig

            "Luther Arkwright is unique. He's the only agent we have who can shift from
            parallel to parallel across the macroverse by sheer power of mind alone"
            [ The Adventures of Luther Arkwright - Bryan Talbot ]