RE: Magic5.7 - Novell Netware 3.12 on Workstation Win 2000

  • ELLE
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2003
      Andy,
      Method of blocking- - "Novell"

      Can be in adjustments(options) Pervasive that that needs to be changed still?
      Or Btrieve. NLm does not approach?
      And for you works 5.7 in WIN 2000 on Novell Netware?
      Jury

      From: "Andy Jerison" <ajerison@...>
      Subject: RE: Magic5.7 - Novell Netware 3.12 on Workstation Win 2000

      In Magic, "Settings / Environment / File Access" should be set to "Novell". If it's "DOS", which
      is the default, you'll have locking
      problems (I think).

      I didn't understand your sentence, "We while translate the appendices with 5.7 on 9.3." Sorry.

      Andy

    • Andy Jerison
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2003
        Jury,

        Start by establishing that each computer is really using the Btrieve NLM. Run Magic from one computer, then the other, and run
        btrmon on the server; you should find the CTL among the files listed as open. If not then you need to look at the workstations'
        Pervasive and Btrieve setups.

        The DOS machine has to use brequest (or breqtcp if you're using the tcp/ip protocol) instead of Btrieve. So the magic386.bat should
        look like:

        brequest
        mgbtrv6
        mgswap 300 mgrnt386

        > And for you works 5.7 in WIN 2000 on Novell Netware? <<

        Yes, but you have to have P.SQL installed on the Win 2000 computer so that its requester will be used to communicate with the
        Netware server. That's what you'll be validating with my first suggestion above.

        Andy

      • ELLE
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 3, 2003
          Good evening, Andy!
          Can be wrong I was expressed?
          The matter is that CTL in a format pre6 Btrieve at me use a little
          Users 5.7 on DOS and I try to connect 5.7 in WIN 2000.
          As soon as the stations using 5.7 under DOS do not use CTL
          Station WIN 2000 works perfectly.
          But they (5.7 on DOS and 5.7 on WIN 2000) block each other.
          Though some users 5.7 on DOS perfectly work together with
          CTL.
          So I believe, that utility Btrmon on server NetWare look on station
          WIN 2000. Tomorrow I shall check up.

          When I start
          "brequest" - the answer "is already started"
          Certainly, I use brequest (6.15).
          Can it(him) it is necessary to replace from delivery Pervasive?
          Report Ipx (spx).

          What features at P.SQL installed on the Win 2000 computer so that its requester will be
          used to communicate with the Netware server?

          All problem in in common to use 5.7 on DOS and 5.7 on WIN 2000
          With one CTL. By the way, files too are blocked in the same way.
          As though it is included Single User mode?

          Stations WIN work for you 2000 only or together with DOS?

          Jury
          Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 11:59:47 -0500
          From: "Andy Jerison" <ajerison@...>

          Jury,
          Start by establishing that each computer is really using the Btrieve NLM. Run Magic from one
          computer, then the other, and run
          btrmon on the server; you should find the CTL among the files listed as open. If not then you need
          to look at the workstations'
          Pervasive and Btrieve setups.

          The DOS machine has to use brequest (or breqtcp if you're using the tcp/ip protocol) instead of
          Btrieve. So the magic386.bat should
          look like:
          brequest
          mgbtrv6
          mgswap 300 mgrnt386

          > And for you works 5.7 in WIN 2000 on Novell Netware? <<

          Yes, but you have to have P.SQL installed on the Win 2000 computer so that its requester will be
          used to communicate with the
          Netware server. That's what you'll be validating with my first suggestion above.

          Andy

          Best regards,
          ELLE mailto:post@...
        • Andy Jerison
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 3, 2003
            Elle,

            >> What features at P.SQL installed on the Win 2000 computer so that its requester will be used to communicate with the Netware
            server? <<

            In the Pervasive Control Center, Configuration / Access / Use Remote Microkernel Engine must be "On".

            Again, your first step has to be to verify that all computers are using Btrieve.nlm on the server. You can determine this easily
            using btrmon on the server.

            Which Btrieve format your CTL is stored in is not important.

            Andy