RE: [magicu-l] Have anyone noticed the AbsoluteDLL component ?

  • Frank Van Herreweghe
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2003
      at the start of The Component Exchange-site we used to receive a mail when a
      new component was added...doesn't seem to happen anymore.

      All that Dll-stuff can also be found in hotfudge.dll (from Craig) and
      Get.dll (from Dominique), soon renamed to hotfudGET.DLL

      convert facility to PDF is something new, although Craig has something
      similar i thought (and i have PDF-writer :-)

      Regards

      Frank Van Herreweghe
      Frank.van.herreweghe@...

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2003

        All that Dll-stuff can also be found in hotfudge.dll (from Craig) and
        Get.dll (from Dominique), soon renamed to hotfudGET.DLL

        Nice suggestion, I think we settled on Alchemy

        convert facility to PDF is something new, although Craig has something
        similar i thought (and i have PDF-writer :-)

        Ary Dvoretz offers something new with Absolute - I just read his readme
        but haven't tried it yet - in that he allows you to convert the
        "standard GUI report saved from magic in postscript format"
        to be later converted to a number of formats including PDF.
        It might be an easy way to create pdf from an existing
        suite of traditional Magic reports without too much change.

        What HotFudge PDF Creator does is different in that I process
        an on-the-fly markup file you create, maybe a text-based report
        from a merge process. What I do isn't a complete
        adobe-killer because I don't truly handle things like
        watermark images - as some people keep telling me! :)
        It would require change to a reporting suite in an old application
        to implement mine whereas Ary's would mean less change.
        Neither competes with a printer-driver based solution.

        Go, Ary.

        Craig

        "If it's just us, it seems like an awful waste of space!"