Re: [magicu-l] Image Problem

  • Steven G. Blank
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2003
      Happy New Year, Ahmer!

      It works for me in Magic v8.3 SP12, although I'm not sure what you mean by
      "click on save/query".

      Suppose that the real variable into which the image's path and filename is
      to be stored is variable 'B'. Then, with the form open in the Form
      Designer, double click on the image control to open the control's
      Properties dialog. On the Details tab, make sure that variable 'B' is
      referenced in the Data Parameter's Value column -- the path will not be
      saved if 'B'VAR is referenced via an expression in the Data Parameter's Exp
      column, or anywhere else for that matter.

      Perhaps this is the problem? Also, the task must be either in Modify or
      Create mode and the table must be opened for Access Write in the task's DB
      Tables dialog.

      I'd be happy to send you an export of my test program if you like...

      Steve Blank

      At 10:07 PM 12/31/2002, you wrote:

      > this is simple usage, im not using
      >any function, when i click on the image
      >field, its open the default magic file dialouge
      >and after click on image its display
      >picture on the field, but when I click on
      >save/query it does not save the image
      >path on the image path field...
      >
      >ahmer

      ----------------------------
      Steven G. Blank
      Salt Lake City, Utah USA
      ----------------------------
    • Ahmer Shuja
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2003
        Hi Steve,

        I'm using Magic v8.3 with sp7, and in my program i made
        a button for saving the record called Save and behing its
        changing mode into query from Modify mode, so i called
        save/query button, when i entered all the record and choose
        picture and after save record, what its heppend its save all
        the data, but its doesn't save the picture path in the path field
        which is I created in the database file.

        i hope you got my point. and in the screen form, i selected
        image, and redirect to that path field, so its taking picture from
        that path, and displaying, mean im not using the blob field, just
        displaying external file for picture image.

        and i also made saperate program for testing purpose, its works
        fine and my real program, i check all thing i didn't got any problem
        with that so please tell, me and send me your private email, so i
        can keep in touch with you...

        My direct email is ahmer@...

        thanks for your helping...

        .

      • Chiranjit Bhadra
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 9, 2012
          Dear Team

          I am using Magic8.3 and Pervasive database.

          Used Blob field to capture Image. The image displayed perfectly when console mode but when print in PDF it is showing Black and White.

          Kindly help how to print the image as it is into PDF.

          Regards,
          Chiranjit