RE: [magicu-l] Re: Magic 9.3 sp1 - the Security file can be crack ed !

  • Rob Schapendonk
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1 12:04 AM
      Hi, Emanuel

      To answer your question:
      they build it for the convenience of lazy programmers
      or:
      especially for RAD-contests because everything what's "onboard" will save
      time.
      choose what you want to believe.

      One tip about CTL security from the developers side:
      you can blank all description entries from all repositories and your
      application will still work, that's what some companies did when they
      delivered an application to the client.

      Greeting,
      Rob

      De : Serge Boucher [mailto:serge.boucher.qc@...]
      Envoy� : mercredi 31 juillet 2002 18:30
      � : magicu-l@yahoogroups.com
      cracked !

      Your applications will be longer to write but that's alsot what I did when I
      started with Magic because I did'nt want to rely on MSE security system.
      Similar approach with project approval, so you could have a lot of control
      on everything you can think of.

      Serge Boucher
      artiste/informaticien

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1 6:31 AM
        Hi Serge,

        What method did Chris Cashin give you. tell us about it.

      • theo_groenewald
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 23 4:27 AM
          Hi All concerned
          Sorry if someone has answered this question before, but if you don't
          want someone to assess your CTL and your using V9, why don't you just
          distribute your application in MFF format? It's also a much smaller
          file.
          Regards
          Theo Groenewald

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • jlseverin6@cs.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 26 12:42 PM
            I had a problem with the MFF in that the "start" program in my Main Program
            would not run. How come? Does it have to do with RunMODE()?

            JL

          • Mark Bailey
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 26 1:35 PM
              JL,

              That would depend on whether you have used the RUNMODE() function
              in the condition of anything you are trying to do in the Main Program.

              You need to tell us these things. :|

              Do you have a condition on the "start" program. If so, what is the
              expression?

              Cheers,

              Mark Bailey
              Perth, Western Australia

              Base 8 is just like base 10, if you are missing two fingers. -- Tom
              Lehrer

              I had a problem with the MFF in that the "start" program in my Main
              Program
              would not run. How come? Does it have to do with RunMODE()?

              JL

              Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              ---