Re: [magicu-l] Backups

  • klarima
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2001
      To: "Magic Users List (E-mail)" <magicu-l@yahoogroups.com>
      From: Theo Groenewald <tgroenewald@...>
      Date sent: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 08:02:29 +0200
      Send reply to: magicu-l@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [magicu-l] Backups
      Hi,
      we use ARJ for DOS and ARJ32 for Windows with no problems.
      The user type for example c:\magic\arh\
      then two parameters are passed
      STRARJ - c:\magic\arh\01032001
      STRDAT -c:\sr01\acfil???.dat
      and archive.bat is called
      including command arj32 a -va %STRARJ% %STRDAT%
      > Hi
      > My application used to use ARJ when backup files. I changed it to use PKZIP.
      > Now I have endless problems where my backups work in some instances and not
      > others. The only thing I am tring to achieve is to make a zip of the data as
      > pointed to in the prefix e.g. 'c:\magic\aa', either to a stiffy or a
      > predefined backup directory. When working mine would take the date string
      > and call the zip file that 'date.zip'. Does anyone out there know of a
      > better way of zipping files through Magic?
      > Please help!
      > Thanks
      >
      > Theo Groenewald
      > Systems Development
      > tgroenewald@...
      > 011-4415670
      > 083-2976647

      'GRAMOTA DOBRO EST'
      Eduard N.Kerchev
      Rousse,Bulgaria,Europe
    • Heidi Schuppenhauer
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2001
        What version of PKZIP? How are you calling it?

        Heidi Schuppenhauer
        Trillium Custom Software, Inc.
        http://www.trillium-sw.com (425) 397-8000