Re: DOS commands

  • Robert Andrews
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 1999
      If the Enviroment Variable 'Command Processor' Is set correctly i dont see why you have to enter command.exe/ comand???

      Jean Claude Servaye wrote:

      > From: Jean Claude Servaye <msgjcs@...>
      >
      > Ian Whybrow wrote:
      > >
      > > I know this has been mentioned many time before, but I can't find it in
      > > my mail archive.
      > >
      > > What is the Command processor version of DOS commands when called from
      > > Magic 8.01 in Windows 95/98. I know you need to put the command
      > > processor in front before the command but cannot remember the precise
      > > format.
      > >
      > > Please use this as an example as it is the simple command that doesn't
      > > want to work.
      > > (i.e.: get error file not found even thought they are there)
      > >
      > > copy archive.doc + newfile.doc archive.doc /y
      >
      > command.exe /c copy archive.doc + newfile.doc archive.doc /y
      >

      > > in DOS this will append newfile.doc to the end of archive.doc (without
      > > confirmation of overwrite)
      > >
      > > Thanx muchly
      > >
      > > Ian Whybrow
      > > Logistics Technologies

      > > Ian Whybrow <sales@...>
      > > Logistics Technologies Development Corporation
      > >
      > > Ian Whybrow
      > > Logistics Technologies Development Corporation <sales@...>
      > > HTML Mail
      > > 1212 Kirtstie Court, Unit 4 Cellular: 1-416-432-7005
      > > Oakville Fax: 1-905-337-9680
      > > Ontario Work: 1-905-337-9678
      > > L6H 5C8
      > > Canada
      > > Come see us at http://www.logtech.ca Developers of SHIPMENT COMMANDER - - The first name in Shipping Software. multi-carrier, rate shopping - - powerful, flexible, user-friendly, interfaceable to most software
      > > Additional Information:
      > > Last Name Whybrow
      > > First Name Ian
      > > Version 2.1

      > Please ensure that you respect other users of this list, and do not flame or insult others.
      > Any problems please contact peter.stewart@...
    • Ian Whybrow
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 1999
        I agree, you shouldn't have to, but you do. I have the CommandProcessor set to the correct path and command.com. I must put command.com /c (not command.exe) in front of the command or it says file not found. This may be
        because copy is an internal command of command.com, and when addressed simply as copy, cannot be found..

        Ian Whybrow