Re: [magicu-l] magic 9 and SP under w7

  • Heidi Schuppenhauer
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2013
      Since no one has answered ... can you give us more details?

      --
      Heidi Schuppenhauer
      425.397.8000

      Learn it!
      http://w <http://groupspaces.com/uniPaaSUsers>ww.uniPaaSUsers.com

    • emilianoder
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2013
        Yes, of course.
        I run my system in Magic 9.3SP5, and I have several tasks that in the "SQL Command" section perform an "Exec" command calling a stored procedure in the database. The output parameters are all virtual fields. Under XP works great with MSSQL 2005, but under Windows 7 it collapses. I tested it taking off the output parameters and it seems to have no troubles, but I need it to be giving me the data back.

        I don't know if I'm explaining it well. If you need any other detail please tell me.

        By the way. It still is working with Btrieve for temporary files.

        Regards!

        Emiliano

        --- In magicu-l@yahoogroups.com, Heidi Schuppenhauer wrote:

        > Since no one has answered ... can you give us more details?
        >

        > On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 7:14 AM, emilianoder wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > Hi to everyone!
        > > I'm Emiliano and I'm from Argentina.
        > > I have to run my system, which is now running under XP with MSSQL 2005, to
        > > Windows 7. It works fine, but I have one problem. The output parameters
        > > incoming from an exec SP call are not working and that little thing crashes
        > > all de program. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
        > > Thanks in advance
        > >

        > --
        > Heidi Schuppenhauer
        > 425.397.8000
        >
        > Learn it!
        > http://w ww.uniPaaSUsers.com

      • Heidi Schuppenhauer
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 4, 2013
          It's still not clear to me what you are doing exactly, or why the operating
          system would make a difference (usually, with Magic, the version of Windows
          doesn't matter). In general though, I've found that if parameters to
          another system are an issue, the issue is usually the format of the data.

          Like: the stored procedure expects a pointer? Unicode vs. Ascii?