Re: Magic xpa 2.2 on Terminal Server 2003 does not load?

  • FRED
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 24, 2012
      Hi Alex,

      we came across this sometime ago, and the main problem is XPA 2.2 runtime is a VC++ .NET process, that depends of "VC++ 2008 Redistributable":

      http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29

      which, is not installed on Windows 2003 by default.

      I'm not sure, but maybe XPA 2.2a have included this redistributable package as an install dependency, to fix the problem.

      If not, should be.

      --- In magicu-l@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Medvedovski" <alexmed@...> wrote:

      > Guys,
      >
      > I have an install of Magic 2.2 which has a shortcut configured to access the Runtime engine and the INI file using a UNC path. Running the shortcut works perfect on windows xp and windows 7 however it does not appear to run on Terminal server 2003.
      >
      > I made sure that Microsoft .NET framework 4 is installed on that Machine by looking at the installed program list.
      >
      > I have tried the following:
      > 1) Add the Runtime to the DEP exception list.
      > 2) Run as Admin.
      > 3) Run the Caspol command which is in the Magic release notes.
      >
      > What I have observed in the Task Manager is that the Magic runtime engine appears to start and then close immediately. There is no mgerror.log generated.
      > The only clue that I have is that the Event viewer of windows reports Event ID 1000 and also Event ID 1026 in mscoree.dll.
      >
      > Anybody encountered this problem? Ideas? solutions?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Alex
      > AMC Software
      > http://www.amc-software.com

    • Alex Medvedovski
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 24, 2012
        Thanks Fred.
        I will give it a try.

        Alex
        AMC Software
        http://www.amc-software.com

        --- In magicu-l@yahoogroups.com, "FRED" <frederico.silva@...> wrote:

        > Hi Alex,
        >
        > we came across this sometime ago, and the main problem is XPA 2.2 runtime is a VC++ .NET process, that depends of "VC++ 2008 Redistributable":
        >
        > http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29
        >
        > which, is not installed on Windows 2003 by default.
        >
        > I'm not sure, but maybe XPA 2.2a have included this redistributable package as an install dependency, to fix the problem.
        >
        > If not, should be.
        >

        > --- In magicu-l@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Medvedovski" <alexmed@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Guys,
        > >
        > > I have an install of Magic 2.2 which has a shortcut configured to access the Runtime engine and the INI file using a UNC path. Running the shortcut works perfect on windows xp and windows 7 however it does not appear to run on Terminal server 2003.
        > >
        > > I made sure that Microsoft .NET framework 4 is installed on that Machine by looking at the installed program list.
        > >
        > > I have tried the following:
        > > 1) Add the Runtime to the DEP exception list.
        > > 2) Run as Admin.
        > > 3) Run the Caspol command which is in the Magic release notes.
        > >
        > > What I have observed in the Task Manager is that the Magic runtime engine appears to start and then close immediately. There is no mgerror.log generated.
        > > The only clue that I have is that the Event viewer of windows reports Event ID 1000 and also Event ID 1026 in mscoree.dll.
        > >
        > > Anybody encountered this problem? Ideas? solutions?
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > >
        > > Alex
        > > AMC Software
        > > http://www.amc-software.com

      • Alex Medvedovski
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 27, 2012
          Fred,

          Thanks a Lot!
          This solved my problem and now all is working fine on Terminal Server 2003.

          Regards,
          Alex
          AMC Software
          http://www.amc-software.com