RE: [magicu-l] Refreshing a main form from a subform

  • John Dowbiggin
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2012
      Hi John

      In this situation I regularly have the table just as query in the parent
      program and then relink in write mode in subform. I have an event in Main
      prog (#1 in repos) of "Table Update" and then in parent prog I put in a
      handler for the Table Update event of View Refresh and then in task suffix
      of subform I raise the Table Update event if data has changed. This might
      seem a little long winded but it caters for a browse type table in parent
      program and adding and delting records in subform as well as modifying them.
      The parameter I pass between parent and subform is the key of the parked
      record in parent (needs to be a virtual) which is updated in subform if a
      record added and then parent can locate on passed back virtual.

      This is not a direct answer to your question but is an alternative approach
      that might be of interest.

      John