Re: [magicu-l] version control and multiple studio's

  • Alex
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2011
      with this solution you do use up a lot of space. but if you combine this
      with an extra workspace in team foundation server you can work normally on
      2 copies of the source which are seen as completely separate by all the
      (unipaas) software.
      though this is not really an option to do 5 times.

      choosing work offline is risky, since you then can edit all the files at
      will, while exclusive checkout in version control makes sure you can't do
      that for obvious safety reasons. that is why i went as far as described
      above, to have the extra copy seen as a normal set of source controlled
      files.

      On 30 November 2011 17:24, Steven Burrows <stevenburrows@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > You need 2 copies of the Source, you can do "Open from Server" again and
      > choose a different location. You will then probably need to do "Work
      > Offline" with one of the copies to prevent locking, not sure about TFS.

      > Steven Burrows
      > Software Development Manager

      Met vriendelijke groet,
      Alex