RE: eDevDBComp

  • Brookes, Alan
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2011
      Hi Thomas.

      What DBMS(s) (including version) does it work with?

      Alan

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2011
        Hi Alan,
        Option 2 of the program is reading the DataSources.xml for each table and comparing the xml tags. So the option 2 should work for all DBMS versions.
        Option 1 of the program is using Tools Infrastructure /Operation Commands/GetDef. This should work for all SQLs. (XML DBMS has not been programmed yet)

        Test program has been uploaded to

        Your feedback is appreciated

        Thanks
        Thomas Titus

        --- In magicu-l@yahoogroups.com, "Brookes, Alan" <alan.j.brookes@...> wrote:

        > Hi Thomas.
        >
        > What DBMS(s) (including version) does it work with?
        >

        > Alan

      • Polgár Ferenc
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2011
          Hi Thomas,

          I had only a short time to look into your tool, but it seems to be great. As UP uses ISN numbers, this tools help to identify whether two table definition is equal or not, which is important when some one to merge two application or import a part of another one.
          Thanks for your valuable time to develop this.

          regards
          Ferenc

          Hi Alan,
          >Option 2 of the program is reading the DataSources.xml for each table and comparing the xml tags. So the option 2 should work for all DBMS versions.
          >Option 1 of the program is using Tools Infrastructure /Operation Commands/GetDef. This should work for all SQLs. (XML DBMS has not been programmed yet)
          >
          >Test program has been uploaded to

          >Your feedback is appreciated
          >
          >Thanks
          >Thomas Titus
        • Thomas Titus
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 7 12:54 PM
            Hi Folks,
            I have uploaded a new version of the program.

            This program has the option to expand an xml value like Y/N/D to Yes/No/Default to make a better friendly output.

            I also added an on board option to Excel Listing of the following items from your project.

            Model List
            Data Source List
            Program List
            Help List