Winword exit from Magic V8 now playing up

  • Noel Brahe
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2008
      Hello All

      Magic V8 and Pervasive v9

      Most probably has been discussed before but as it was not a problem for us we have taken no notice.

      1. We have used DDE Commands to write to Excal and WP since I don't know when.
      2. New Installation Alll Paths etc are OK as we can use DDEPOKE into Excel using a variable that contain the path.
      3 We use DDE in WP to fill in fields within Confirmation and Departure Letters etc and have done so for years.
      4 Suddenly we get the problem 'File Not Found' when we try to 'start winword,exe (filename)' or 'run winword (filename)'.

      Winword does not even open
      I used the File and Shell to OS and entered the exact same command (cut and paste) run winword.exe (filename) tried start winword.exe (filename) and also just winword.exe (filename) and it works perfectly.

      I have pinpointed it to the Winword as I have done just a simple exit command with the espression 'run winword.exe or start winword. with and without the .exe and winword does not open.

      Any clues? I don't think it is the DDE commands as i blocked all of those off as a tracing measure to test where it actually fails.

      Regards

      Noel

    • Keith Canniff
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2008
        Noel,

        Try something like an exit with

        INIGET ('CommandProcessor')&'start /c winword.exe'

        Or you can just try for now 'cmd start /c windword.exe'

        HTH

        Keith

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2008
          Hi Noel,

          If that fails below, you may try producing a bat file on the Magic
          folder that executed from the Dos prompt would work. Then, Exit to
          this bat file and see what you get.

          Omar,
          --- In magicu-l@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Canniff" <kcanniff@...> wrote:

          > Noel,
          >

          > Try something like an exit with
          >

          > INIGET ('CommandProcessor')&'start /c winword.exe'
          >

          > Or you can just try for now 'cmd start /c windword.exe'
          >

          > HTH
          >

          > Keith

          Behalf