Re: magicu-l activity

  • craig_martin_magic_programmer
    Message 1 of 61 , Oct 1, 2006
      There are no attachments on this group because we had a vote some
      time ago and those against attachments because of security concerns
      won the day. That's why there are no attachments on the list.

      There is the file area on magicu-l you can happily upload to.

      I didn't see where yahoogroups fails us in any respect. It's home :-)

      --- In magicu-l@yahoogroups.com, "Magic Group" <magic@...> wrote:

      > Maybe there may be the necessity to move this group from Yahoo in
      order
      > to support Heidi's suggestions.
      >
      > I am not sure of any groups that allow postings with attachments,
      but I
      > suppose if the necessity is there we can send out a search party to
      find
      > what is needed.
      >
      > Gary
    • Heidi
      Message 61 of 61 , Oct 1, 2006
        Arch Lineberger wrote:
        > Heidi,
        >
        > I was not suggesting that we NOT use Yahoo, simply that there are some
        > topics that are too complex or too often asked to use email as a
        > medium (most of Steve's). For those, the Wiki offers a single
        > repository with enhancements.

        Actually I was responding to Omar, about Yahoo not being "enough".
        And the Wiki idea just hadn't occurred to me. But ... yeah, it's
        a good idea.
        > I'm sure you know this, but using the Wiki, you can put your pictures
        > in line with the explanation and add tables, etc. - most HTML
        > functions.

        See, no, I didn't know all that. I've never played with a Wiki.
        Embarassing, yeah! But I use Wikipedia alot, and the idea is good.
        I suspect that using Acrobat, one could compile the Wiki into a book
        if one wanted too.

        -- Heidi