Magic 8.30 environment

  • gulop4711
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2006
      Magic 8.30
      Perwasive 9 Workgroup

      I have in my Magic.ini 2 different applications
      Both have the same Ctl = abctl.mcf
      but different files c:\mydata\ab and c:\sandbox\ab

      I can open an application wihtout problem
      but when I chnage to the other application without leaving Magic
      I always get the message
      Error opening Lock file fot abctl.mcf

      I have tried everything what I can imagine

      Does anybody has an idea ?
      Which parameter in magic.ini ahs an impact
      or is in Btrieve 9

      Thank you for any help
      Herbert
    • Steven G. Blank
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2006
        Herbert,

        Review the following message:

        I suggest you set each application up as described in the above message,
        using different database names and logical names for each application. If
        you will do this, I have a hunch that your problem will be solved.

        Steve Blank

        At 08:31 AM 4/1/2006, you wrote:
        >Magic 8.30
        >Perwasive 9 Workgroup
        >
        >I have in my Magic.ini 2 different applications
        >Both have the same Ctl = abctl.mcf
        >but different files c:\mydata\ab and c:\sandbox\ab
        >
        >I can open an application wihtout problem
        >but when I chnage to the other application without leaving Magic
        >I always get the message
        >Error opening Lock file fot abctl.mcf
        >
        >I have tried everything what I can imagine
        >
        >Does anybody has an idea ?
        >Which parameter in magic.ini ahs an impact
        >or is in Btrieve 9
        >
        >Thank you for any help
        >Herbert
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

        ----------------------------
        Steven G. Blank
        Salt Lake City, Utah USA
        ----------------------------
      • Everton Schneider
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2006
          Hi Herbert!

          Well, I have an idea, but I don't know if it's gonna
          work. It's very simple!
          Try to put in the 'Lock Path' (Settings->Databases -
          database you're using to open the aplication) a
          logical name (a new one, that you're gonna create).
          Create this logical name and put in the translation
          the lock path (C:\Temp\, for example).
          Before change the applications, change this lock
          path (C:\Temp2\). It might work.
          This could be a way to manage the lock file between
          the changes from one applicatio to another.

          I hope it helps!

          Everton Schneider

          --- gulop4711 <Organisation.burkhard@...>
          escreveu:

          > Magic 8.30
          > Perwasive 9 Workgroup
          >
          > I have in my Magic.ini 2 different applications
          > Both have the same Ctl = abctl.mcf
          > but different files c:\mydata\ab and c:\sandbox\ab
          >
          > I can open an application wihtout problem
          > but when I chnage to the other application without
          > leaving Magic
          > I always get the message
          > Error opening Lock file fot abctl.mcf
          >
          > I have tried everything what I can imagine
          >
          > Does anybody has an idea ?
          > Which parameter in magic.ini ahs an impact
          > or is in Btrieve 9
          >
          > Thank you for any help
          > Herbert
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          Abra sua conta no Yahoo! Mail: 1GB de espa├žo, alertas de e-mail no celular e anti-spam realmente eficaz.
          http://br.info.mail.yahoo.com/
        • gulop4711
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2006
            Steven

            You helped me again (as usual) to find the solution
            The problem was: The mggenw.exe was an older version than the
            installation mgrntw. mgconst.
            I have no idea who has copied the wrong file - espescially I am the
            only who is using my computer.

            To make it short:
            Chapeau
            Drink a Cognac