    Mar 7, 2014
      I understand.  After doing the conversion, I was curious to explore the difference.

      Arch

      On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 12:03 PM, Andy Jerison <ajerison@...> wrote:

      I was suggesting converting the table definition. It shouldn’t be necessary to do anything to the physical table.

      Andy J

      From: magicu-l@yahoogroups.com [mailto:magicu-l@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Arch Lineberger
      Sent: Friday, March 07, 2014 11:47 AM

      To: Magic Group
      Subject: Re: [magicu-l] v8 to 2.4 Btrieve data conversion

      Just for the record, the v8 Memo with a:

      Picture of 3500, Stored As of String Memo, with a Size of 3502, and a Definition of String

      becomes in v2.4:

      Alpha with a Picture of 3500, Stored As String Memo, with a Size of 3502.

      Unfortunately, it is still not recognizable so you need to go through the conversion as Andy suggested.

      Thanks,

      Arch

      On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 11:07 AM, Andy Jerison <ajerison@...> wrote:

      Arch,

      V9converter can create a project or an export file. If I remember right, if you omit -PROJECT and include -V10EXPORT=MyExportFileName.Ext it will create an xpa-compatible export file with the name you provide. You can then import that file to see the converted table definition.

      Andy