      From: magicu-l@yahoogroups.com [mailto:magicu-l@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Arch Lineberger
      Sent: Friday, March 07, 2014 9:59 AM
      To: Magic Group
      Subject: [magicu-l] v8 to 2.4 Btrieve data conversion

      Hi,

      In Magic v8, Btrieve, there is a Memo Attribute that does not exist in Magic v2.4. The table has 4 fields:

      9-Byte Alpha

      1-byte Integer logical

      2-byte signed integer

      3502-byte Memo

      The total record size is displayed as 15 bytes.

      I have duplicated the fields in 2.4 with the Memo as a String BLOB. Its size is also 15 bytes. The single, unique index appears identical with the first 3 fields as segments totaling 15 bytes.

      Problem is that I get a data definition mismatch. Ideas?

      --
      Regards,

      Arch Lineberger

      InControl-Systems