174190RE: [magicu-l] Magic 9.4 child forms parking

  • Florian Groothuis
    Mar 6, 2014
      Keep in mind that Level(1)='RP' doesn't work when your calling the child from an event. I always have one logical parameter in the childtask "PI_CloseTask". I have all childs triggered from events.

      Van: magicu-l@yahoogroups.com [mailto:magicu-l@yahoogroups.com] Namens Steven G. Blank
      Verzonden: donderdag 6 maart 2014 19:23
      Aan: magicu-l@yahoogroups.com
      Onderwerp: Re: [magicu-l] Magic 9.4 child forms parking

      Jeff,

      In the child task's Task Control dialog on the General tab, set:

      End task condition: Level(1)='RP'
      Evaluate condition: Before entering record

      Steve Blank

      At 10:14 AM 3/6/2014, you wrote:

      >Hi,
      >
      >Hoping someone can give me some guidance. I
      have a form with a child form and everything works great except for where it parks. My top task has multiple lines and when I move on each line, the child task displays properly just like it should. So all that is good. But when I go into it, I want it to park on the top task line items. Instead, it parks on the child task window and I cannot figure out why. I have other programs that work just fine, I continue to look to see what I am missing, but just not finding it. If anyone can shed some light on what I may be missing, that would be great.

      >Thank
      you.

      >Jeff

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic