The Gauntlet

  • tom71730
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 15, 2004
      Long time no talk.....I had some issues......They were
      personal,,sorry if I have offended anyone in the past...Life must go
      on, everything is in the past...

      The new coaster name is great! But, I have yet to figure out how the
      name plays into the name game at the park. The rides at the park are,
      from what I was told, named the way they are for a reason...am I
      makeing sense????

      I so agree with the post about beer sales, if the park is only going
      to sell beer at certain events, I say go for it....I know I would buy
      some..With all of the parks I have been to the sales of beer is not
      an issue. First of all the price would not be cheap, so getting drunk
      would break the bank placeing it out of the price range of "kids".
      Second, a couple of parks I have been to, I didn't even know they
      sold beer. Third, the beer will only be allowed in the picnic
      pavillion area, and will have to stay there. When I went to Seaworld
      in San Antonio you had to have an I.D., NO EXCEPTIONS, and if you
      could not show one you were asked to leave that area, and if you
      didn't leave, you were politely escorted away.

      Well, ya'll. I need to get back to packing..I'm moveing to Hot
      Springs...Hopefully starting a new life in a new town will shed this
      cloud of depression that has been over my head for way to long..

      It's time to get this board going again.

      And Brian, forgive me for acting an ass online, my personal
      issues/depression messed with my head.
    • brian_wolters
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 15, 2004
        Thanks for the update..I had yet to hear the name.

        I am excited that the park is opening on my Birthday!!

        --- In magicspringsthemepark@yahoogroups.com, tom71730
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Long time no talk.....I had some issues......They were
        > personal,,sorry if I have offended anyone in the past...Life must
        go
        > on, everything is in the past...
        >
        > The new coaster name is great! But, I have yet to figure out how
        the
        > name plays into the name game at the park. The rides at the park
        are,
        > from what I was told, named the way they are for a reason...am I
        > makeing sense????
        >
        > I so agree with the post about beer sales, if the park is only
        going
        > to sell beer at certain events, I say go for it....I know I would
        buy
        > some..With all of the parks I have been to the sales of beer is
        not
        > an issue. First of all the price would not be cheap, so getting
        drunk
        > would break the bank placeing it out of the price range of "kids".
        > Second, a couple of parks I have been to, I didn't even know they
        > sold beer. Third, the beer will only be allowed in the picnic
        > pavillion area, and will have to stay there. When I went to
        Seaworld
        > in San Antonio you had to have an I.D., NO EXCEPTIONS, and if you
        > could not show one you were asked to leave that area, and if you
        > didn't leave, you were politely escorted away.
        >
        > Well, ya'll. I need to get back to packing..I'm moveing to Hot
        > Springs...Hopefully starting a new life in a new town will shed
        this
        > cloud of depression that has been over my head for way to long..
        >
        > It's time to get this board going again.
        >
        > And Brian, forgive me for acting an ass online, my personal
        > issues/depression messed with my head.
      • geisleman
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 22, 2004
          Well it is good to see everyone on good terms again. First of all,
          I don't see any reason the park can't sell beer. I mean they do have
          concerts there.

          Secondly, I am disappointed with THE GAUNTLET. The name not the
          coaster. It is such a cookie cutter name. I like Big Bad John. The
          name not the coaster. I thought it would be cool to keep the names
          different than every other park.

          I guess I will have to buy season passes now that my name for the
          coaster, Great Balls of Fire, was not chosen.

          The tourists coming to town will never miss the park again. The
          coaster is big, bright yellow and right on the road.

          Take Care,

          Cliff
        • trey allensworth
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 22, 2004
            Yeah the name sucks.... It sounds very sixs flags like. Sorry to say. Don't get me wrong it wouldnt keep me from going to the park but come on.. It sounds like its going to get its own Viking Theme Land or something. Oh well I guess I am not a ride naming pro but my humble entry of Captain Carl's Chaos Coaster wasnt cutting it.

            Sorry about the ranting but I think they dropped the ball on that name.

            Trey

            geisleman <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
            Well it is good to see everyone on good terms again. First of all,
            I don't see any reason the park can't sell beer. I mean they do have
            concerts there.

            Secondly, I am disappointed with THE GAUNTLET. The name not the
            coaster. It is such a cookie cutter name. I like Big Bad John. The
            name not the coaster. I thought it would be cool to keep the names
            different than every other park.

            I guess I will have to buy season passes now that my name for the
            coaster, Great Balls of Fire, was not chosen.

            The tourists coming to town will never miss the park again. The
            coaster is big, bright yellow and right on the road.

            Take Care,

            Cliff

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT