Trip Report: Saturday May 28th

  • Brian Wolters
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28 5:54 PM
      We got our first season passes in about 4-5 years this season and was looking forward to a great day at the park. Here are some observations:

      Arkansas Twister - Running great and always a fun ride. The front left seat need attention to the restraint as it won't stay up when you leave the seat.

      The Gauntlet - What head banging? This is still a very intense and fun ride. But where is the second train? Where did it go? Not having a second train is a big no-no. It is totally not there.

      X-Coaster - My first time on this ride and I have to say it is lame. First of all, this design is a PROTOTYPE for the X-Coaster car and its unique lift hill. Read PROTOTYPE. These coasters were designed to be expanded into a much longer and thrilling ride. This NEEDS to happen. And the loading and unloading time for this coaster are horrible.

      Big Bad John - Always a fun ride but again, where is the second train? Well, it was sitting in pieces in the storage area. In pieces!!!! Why?

      Dr. Deans Rocket Machine - It had 4 "out of order" seats. That is uncalled for.

      Other Comments - Food service was atrocious. Long lines, misinformation (baked chicken tenders were FRIED), high prices, running out of ice, out of diet Pepsi, register tape running out, giving out wrong change, rude employees, employees not trained on how to handle tough situations. Not being negative here but these all happened today.

      And the intent of this trip report was not to be negative about the park but to point out the many shortcomings in our first visit in many years.

      Going back in two weeks to try Crystal Falls.

      Anyone else been this year?