2008 - Nothing

  • thewoltersfamily
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2008
      Well, chances for a larger coaster in 2008 seem very slim now, as they
      are losing time to construct it. I am wondering what will come in 2008.
    • Duane
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2008
        I am still hopeful that these rumors posted on ScreamScape are true:

        2008 - Waterpark Expansion and New Ride - Rumor - (6/6/07) The
        latest word is that Magic Springs will make a significant and larger
        addition to the waterpark in 2008 in addition to a new ride.

        2009 - New Thrill Ride - Confirmed - (6/6/07) If the rumors are true
        then the plans to add the park's next big coaster have been pushed
        back to 2009.

        (1/12/07) Magic Springs did reveal they are planning another major
        thrill ride in 2008 but said that details would be coming at a later
        date.

        http://www.screamscape.com/html/magic_springs.html

        --- In magicspringsthemepark@yahoogroups.com, "thewoltersfamily"
        <thewoltersfamily@...> wrote:

        > Well, chances for a larger coaster in 2008 seem very slim now, as
        they
        > are losing time to construct it. I am wondering what will come in
        2008.

      • thewoltersfamily
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 7, 2008
          Yeah, I've been keeping an eye on that site...time for some new news
          for sure!

          --- In magicspringsthemepark@yahoogroups.com, "Duane" <dcooper@...>
          wrote:

          > I am still hopeful that these rumors posted on ScreamScape are true:
          >
          > 2008 - Waterpark Expansion and New Ride - Rumor - (6/6/07) The
          > latest word is that Magic Springs will make a significant and
          larger
          > addition to the waterpark in 2008 in addition to a new ride.
          >
          > 2009 - New Thrill Ride - Confirmed - (6/6/07) If the rumors are
          true
          > then the plans to add the park's next big coaster have been pushed
          > back to 2009.
          >
          > (1/12/07) Magic Springs did reveal they are planning another
          major
          > thrill ride in 2008 but said that details would be coming at a
          later
          > date.
          >
          > http://www.screamscape.com/html/magic_springs.html
          >

          > --- In magicspringsthemepark@yahoogroups.com, "thewoltersfamily"
          > <thewoltersfamily@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Well, chances for a larger coaster in 2008 seem very slim now, as
          > they
          > > are losing time to construct it. I am wondering what will come in
          > 2008.

        • Ryan Williams
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 28, 2008
            It's no rumor. They are making an addition to the Crystal Lagoon. I talked to an official over the phone and they actually told me about it. It's going to be a racing slide with six or eight lanes. It's under construction now. It's a nice addition, but I was hoping for another rollercoaster. It seemed like a two year tradition. But, I hope we will get it next year.

            <thewoltersfamily@...> wrote:

            > Well, chances for a larger coaster in 2008 seem very slim now, as
            they
            > are losing time to construct it. I am wondering what will come in
            2008.

          • Duane
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 29, 2008
              This is good news. The water park really needs this further expansion
              of the new Crystal Lagoon.

              Now according to the quote from ScreamScape "Magic Springs will make a
              significant and larger addtion to the waterpark in 2008 in addition to a
              new ride" Also posted on the same day was the rumor for 2009 that
              "plans to add the park's next big coaster have been pushed back to
              2009".

              My understanding of this is that we should expect a new flat ride this
              year along with the new water slide and possibly a new roller coaster
              next year.

              This is the first time I have known Magic Springs to begin construction
              on something without making an announcement first. I am hoping that
              this means they could also be working on a new flat ride. Perhaps the
              person you spoke with chose not to tell you everything they know and a
              press release will be coming in the next month or so.

              --- In magicspringsthemepark@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Williams
              <rawdawg55w@...> wrote:

              > It's no rumor. They are making an addition to the Crystal Lagoon. I
              talked to an official over the phone and they actually told me about it.
              It's going to be a racing slide with six or eight lanes. It's under
              construction now. It's a nice addition, but I was hoping for another
              rollercoaster. It seemed like a two year tradition. But, I hope we will
              get it next year.

              > Duane dcooper@... wrote: I am still hopeful that these rumors posted
              on ScreamScape are true:

              > 2008 - Waterpark Expansion and New Ride - Rumor - (6/6/07) The
              > latest word is that Magic Springs will make a significant and larger
              > addition to the waterpark in 2008 in addition to a new ride.
              >
              > 2009 - New Thrill Ride - Confirmed - (6/6/07) If the rumors are true
              > then the plans to add the park's next big coaster have been pushed
              > back to 2009.
              >
              > (1/12/07) Magic Springs did reveal they are planning another major
              > thrill ride in 2008 but said that details would be coming at a later
              > date.
              >
              > http://www.screamscape.com/html/magic_springs.html
              >
              > --- In magicspringsthemepark@yahoogroups.com, "thewoltersfamily"
              > thewoltersfamily@ wrote:
              > >
              > > Well, chances for a larger coaster in 2008 seem very slim now, as
              > they
              > > are losing time to construct it. I am wondering what will come in
              > 2008.

            • Ryan Williams
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 30, 2008
                She wasn't hesitant to tell me that part anyway. And I've felt the whole time that she was holding back. It may be even more.