Re: [Magic Springs Theme Park] Bad news for the park?

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 1 3:47 AM
      --- In magicspringsthemepark@yahoogroups.com, jeremy beason
      <jbeason10@y...> wrote:
      > If Six Flags could get their act together, I'd be all for them
      buying the park.

      i would rather have someone else like dolly parton, or the herschell
      (sp) group get their hands on it. they are known for takeing care of
      their properties.
    • jeremy beason
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 1 11:42 AM
        The herschells actually own & make all the decisions regarding Dollywood, she just owns like a 30% interst or somethignlike that. And yeah, it would be good if they bought it

        Tom <tls1969@...> wrote:--- In magicspringsthemepark@yahoogroups.com, jeremy beason
        <jbeason10@y...> wrote:
        > If Six Flags could get their act together, I'd be all for them
        buying the park.

        i would rather have someone else like dolly parton, or the herschell
        (sp) group get their hands on it. they are known for takeing care of
        their properties.

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Tom
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 2 3:27 AM
          <jbeason10@y...> wrote:
          > The herschells actually own & make all the decisions regarding
          Dollywood, she just owns like a 30% interst or somethignlike that.

          so the herschells, dolly, and the parks in branson, are all the same
          company,, it must be something i never noticed....
        • Amber
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 2 7:25 AM
            I've always wondered what was in the park before it reopened. I only have faint memories of going there when I was younger. But now that I'm working there, there is one spot that always makes me wonder "what is that...or was that." It's over by the Diamond Mine Run, it's behind the Long Range game, down a path. It's just a big concrete flat with the exception of a huge open spot (where something sat, I assume).

            I'm almost positive most of you know what it is, and I'm dying to know what used to sit there. Thanks in advance...It's been driving me kind of loopy haha.

            -B

          • jeremy beason
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 2 10:20 AM
              yeah, all the same co. but dolly only owns part of dollywood, not the branson parks.

              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 3 5:43 AM
                <daisy_farm_insaniac@y...> wrote:
                > "what is that...or was that." It's over by the Diamond Mine Run,
                it's behind the Long Range game, down a path. It's just a big
                concrete flat with the exception of a huge open spot.

                hmm, behind diamond mine run,,,,,,,, i'm drawing a blank,,,,, do you
                remember brian what was there?
              • Brian
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 3 6:03 AM
                  Well, an old "carnival" type coaster was there once as well as
                  another outdoor theatre at one time.

                  --- In magicspringsthemepark@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <tls1969@f...>
                  wrote:
                  > <daisy_farm_insaniac@y...> wrote:
                  > > "what is that...or was that." It's over by the Diamond Mine Run,
                  > it's behind the Long Range game, down a path. It's just a big
                  > concrete flat with the exception of a huge open spot.
                  >
                  > hmm, behind diamond mine run,,,,,,,, i'm drawing a blank,,,,, do
                  you
                  > remember brian what was there?
                • SYKO
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 3 9:03 AM
                    that used to be a sort of water slide. you would sit on a rubber mat
                    and slide down into a trough of water. that concrete pad down there
                    is the landing area.