Re: [MaestrosdeEspanol] Spanish 1 Projects

  • Rebecca Withrow
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 26, 2013
      Not sure if this is appropriate for high school but last year my 7th graders made a fake magazine cover with an article about a famous latino inside.  The article was an interview with the famous person.  They had to find out about their background and the contributions they have made to their community.  Because they are beginners they had to do this in English but some of them were really creative.  They also had to name their magazine as well.

      Hope this helps a little.

      On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 2:09 AM, james_eddy <james_eddy@...> wrote:

      Hola Guys!

      The beginning of the school year is fast approaching. I am looking for cool projects that beginning students can really get into. What are your go-to in class projects? What are the projects that your kids LOVE?

      Please share!

      Gracias,

      James

    • marie blair
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 27, 2013
        James,

        We do so many projects.  A big favorite of my 8th graders is when they get to make their own books, on their choice of topic, alphabet, colors, numbers, animals, and then, they go and teach the preschoolers or the kindergarteners.  The young kids and the "old" kids have a blast.

        Another favorite is the presentation of a weather report as if they are on TV.  They prepare google images depicting the weather as if they are broadcasting on the Weather Channel.

        A sixth grade favorite is their unit on food where they get to create a restaurant, the menu, and then present a restaurant scene between the clientes y el mesero/la mesera.

        There are so many more, but these are the top 3 if you may.

        Muy buena suerte,

        Marie