clubs anyone

  • rapw86
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 8, 2013
      Okay anyone out there doing a club this year? Need some fresh ideas from this awesome group.

      Gracias
      Rebecca
    • Phyllis Lee
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 9, 2013

        My students always loved to dance!  I bought DVD instructional videos for the cha, cha, cha and the tango.  Right now, the salsa is very popular.

        The ones that didn’t like to dance would enjoy working the DVD player, taking pictures and video, or working on publicity(getting it on the school news, bulletin boards, etc).

        Phyllis Lee

        Okay anyone out there doing a club this year? Need some fresh ideas from this awesome group.

        Gracias
        Rebecca

      • Rebecca Withrow
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 10, 2013
          That is one idea I was thinking of .  I have a PE teacher who is a native speaker but he wants to meet every week to form a dance group that would perform at school games.  I just don't have that kind of time with a child in high school.    I do have a dvd that has some traditional dances on it. I will use that.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 11, 2013

            What if you helped out with the club whenever you meet and he forms a separate sub-group that focuses on dance?

            I would love additional club  ideas as well. We are STARTING a club this year and I am not sure where to even begin.

            Food

            Culture

            Folktales

            Music

            Okay anyone out there doing a club this year? Need some fresh ideas from this awesome group.

            Gracias
            Rebecca

          • Becky

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 24, 2013
                Hola Maestros!

                Looking for a fun way to teach/reinforce numbers 1-15?

                Check out the Uno hasta quince Song & Dance using the instrumental of Ricky Martin's song: "La copa de la vida"

                You can use this song/dance combo for an introductory Spanish class or for a fun, TPR activity at a Spanish club meeting.

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moiW6QLw0w4&feature=c4-overview&list=UU37x5cVAEwzeGLq2qX3Us7Q
              • Rebecca Withrow

                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 28, 2013
                    It is a lot of fun, and it gets everybody involved and enthusiastic about learning Spanish!!!

                    Visit my website: Escuelaton.com for additional resources for Spanish educators:)

                    Have a wonderful year!!