Re: [MaestrosdeEspanol] "My telephone number is..." in Spanish: Definite Article

  • Marcela Summerville
    Message 1 of 5 , May 27, 2013
      Re: [MaestrosdeEspanol] "My telephone number is..." in Spanish: Definite Article Hi Daniel,

      It is correct.  As native speaker I don’t  use “el” in that sentence. My response to that question will be ...”es...” or just the number.

      Best,
      Marcela

      Marcela Summerville, M.Ed
      Spanish Workshop for Children, LLC, Director
      marcela@...
      Ph:(610) 489-5595
      www.spanishworkshopforchildren.com

      http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcelasummerville
      http://twitter.com/Preklanguages
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spanish-Workshop-for-Children

      NNELL National Network Coordinator
      http://www.nnell.org

      On 5/27/13 10:31 PM, "Daniel Hanson" <danhan22@...> wrote:

      Hello, everyone!

                  While going through my Spanish book, I noticed the following conversation:

      —¿Cuál es tu teléfono?
      —Es…

      Shouldn’t the person replying say, “(Mi [número de] teléfono) Es el ….”? Don’t native speakers always use “el” when giving out their phone number?

      Sincerely,
      Daniel Hanson
      Public High School Spanish Teacher
      Atwater, California, USA

    • Pepi Rosado
      Message 2 of 5 , May 31, 2013
        Pues tienes razón, pero además en el sur de España yo respondo a esa pregunta
        - "Es el 813..."
        - "el 813..."
        - o directamente el número "813..."
        Saludos,

        Pepi
        On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 9:31 PM, Daniel Hanson <danhan22@...> wrote:

        Hello, everyone!

                    While going through my Spanish book, I noticed the following conversation:

        —¿Cuál es tu teléfono?

        —Es…

        Shouldn’t the person replying say, “(Mi [número de] teléfono) Es el ….”? Don’t native speakers always use “el” when giving out their phone number?

        Sincerely,

        Daniel Hanson

        Public High School Spanish Teacher

        Atwater, California, USA