Re: [MaestrosdeEspanol] Differentiated Instruction Techniques you use?

  • Kristen Thomas
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2011
      Here are a couple of ideas:

      What exactly are you needing? I have presented a few differentiated strategies for in-service so I have more stuff than what is currently on the site. I have a presentation on learning stations as well as information on Layered Curriculum in addition to what I have posted. As you can see, I don't get very much time to work on the site as I would like. I will finish it one of these days!

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Kristen Thomas-Lorenzo

      UHS Spanish Teacher
      UHS Cheerleading Head Coach
      http://www.aplausos.us

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 23, 2011
        Hi,

        I do choiceboards with about half of my chapters. Ill post an example in the avancemos folder on this site. It is under spanish level 1.

        i also play the grid game and the idea for that came out of a book on differentiated instruction in the fl classroom. I think it is by deborah blaz. Ill post the grid game to the juegos folders on this site. it is considered differentiation bc the students choose the words they use

        also, i have two levels of vocab lists (differentiation). i have the required list and then the expansion list (sometimes i call it the impress me list)
        i don't test my students on the expansion list but i do encourage my kids to incorporate the expansion words in their dialogues and writing activities. some of my higher kids really use it to go above and beyond. my text, avancemos 1, actually comes with an expansion list so I just copy it.

        hope this helps